Talk

Advanced search

tall, thin dds, where to shop?

(7 Posts)
Rosie29 Tue 21-Dec-10 19:26:57

I am coming back to the UK for a visit at the weekend and my dds are in need of new clothes, they are 4 and 6 but wear ages 8 and 10 respectively.

They hate jeans or any trousers with zips buttons as they just fall down on them or are uncomfortable. Boden is all sold out of pull on type trousers which they love, can anyone suggest where we head for a bit of shopping therapy! Thanks

KenDoddsDadsDogEatsTinsel Tue 21-Dec-10 19:28:38

Debenhams? Lots of different ranges in the same place.

BelligerentYhoULE Tue 21-Dec-10 19:35:04

Monsoon? Usually have lovely velvet dresses to wear with thick tights or leggings. Not party dress ones - casual ones.

Or Gap - I used to get my tall skinny girls a lot from there when they were younger - skirts, jumper dresses etc.

Rosie29 Tue 21-Dec-10 19:37:35

Oh those are great ideas, would never have thought of Debenhams.

i think I can get to a Gap too, thanks.

MamaDeer Tue 21-Dec-10 19:39:30

Def gap

BelligerentYhoULE Tue 21-Dec-10 19:42:34

[[http://www.monsoon.co.uk/long-sleeve-dresses/kay lee-stripe-knitted-dress/invt/83815116/ gorgeous dress] but handwash - how stupid is that?

So having just looked at Monsoon, it doesn't seem to do the type of dress I mentioned anymore. My dds LIVED in them - used to buy them below the knee and then they'd wear them until thigh length because they never got fat enough to fill them!

MistleToad Tue 21-Dec-10 19:46:09

H&M is good for slim children.

They have lots of great leggings and elastic waisted trousers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now