Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

If you had £90 to spend in M&S...

(38 Posts)
lilacbauble Tue 21-Dec-10 19:13:21

Ok, not my first choice either, but I am still exceedingly grateful to the lovely parents at school who had a collection for me at the end of term.

So, anything caught your eye which is worth a splurge? I'm size 10 and 5ft 4, 42 but don't look it. I should wait for the sale, I know, if I can bear to go in there. Or can you spend gift cards online?

ivykaty44 Tue 21-Dec-10 19:14:57

I would wait until after the sale when the spring clothing comes in.

PlumSykes Tue 21-Dec-10 19:18:22

I'd probably do my Xmas food shop there with £90, but if you want to get clothes etc with it, they have some surprisingly nice things in the Limited Collection/Autograph ranges, esp. shoes/boots, but also clothes.

I have just bought these shoe boots, which I love, and also fancy these suede heels

tethersjinglebellend Tue 21-Dec-10 19:18:34

I'd buy this

PlumSykes Tue 21-Dec-10 19:21:39

Not sure what their cashmere is like, but this is nice

lololizzy Tue 21-Dec-10 19:22:05

they have some beautiful coats at the moment

southeastastra Tue 21-Dec-10 19:23:01

they have some really nice clothes at the moment, nice two layer jumpers for £35 and mini skirts are good too

why do you hate it so much?

BelligerentYhoULE Tue 21-Dec-10 19:23:15

I'd buy a cashmere jumper and a new duvet cover!

Or a cashmere jumper and some new PJs.

MeowyChristmasEveryone Tue 21-Dec-10 19:24:36

So, a cashmere jumper then, Belligerent?!?!

BelligerentYhoULE Tue 21-Dec-10 19:29:18

Or a cashmere jumper and some undies...

Or a cashmere jumper and a huge bunch of flowers and some merino or cashmere mix tights and lots of rhubarb and custard swiss roll.

lilacbauble Tue 21-Dec-10 19:53:14

I don't hate it at all, just not my first choice.

Don't need a coat, already have my Merrell Haven!

Me and 2 DDs for xmas dinner, all veggie, so no leather skirt and no mountains of food.

I'm thinking nice undies, will have a look at shoes too as I need a half size so most of mine are M&S or Next. Never had anything cashmere, is it worth it?

polyhymnia Tue 21-Dec-10 19:54:30

Cashmere jumpers and Autograph tights reliably good. As for other things, like others would look in Autograph and Limited Edition, and wait for new stuff to come in - and go to a really big branch where there's a better selection of the more stylish stuff.

iwilldothis Tue 21-Dec-10 22:13:25

I'd definitely go for cashmere...i'm a little envy

HalfTermHero Tue 21-Dec-10 22:53:02

I would use it to buy 9 weekends worth of '2 dine in for a tenner' meal deals. It would last a long time, that way.

SickOnMyShoulder Wed 22-Dec-10 07:53:11

they have some lovely knee high boots for around 80 pounds, if you wear leather shoes.

DecorhatetheChristmasTree Wed 22-Dec-10 08:08:26

I don't mind M&S for clothes/shoes but can guarantee that whenever I have a voucher to spend on myself there can't see anything I like. Had one recently & bought Christmas food & drink instead!

lilacbauble Wed 22-Dec-10 09:59:06

I'm thinking about this and this.

Elemental Wed 22-Dec-10 10:26:36

Ooh, love both!

allluckedout Wed 22-Dec-10 10:39:44

both lovely choices.

Gillybobs Wed 22-Dec-10 10:45:22

I would definitely wait til spring then go into one of their bigger stores for a good look. Ive bought loads of their Limited Collection over the last few years, I find it just right for me (Im 37) in that its quite fashionable but not so trendy I look like mutton dressed as lamb.

Have also had some brilliant shoes (leopard print kitten heels for £15 which always draw compliments) and their shoe boots have been excellent this season.

Try and wait for new season if you can, don't think you'd regret it. Lucky you! Enjoy.

BelligerentYhoULE Wed 22-Dec-10 14:01:50

Love that second one.

Prinnie Wed 22-Dec-10 14:20:15

I think I'd buy a classic cashmere top of some sort and then maybe splurge on some nice wine/goodies or some costume jewellrey/undies etc.

carlossss Wed 22-Dec-10 19:08:46

Message withdrawn

BelligerentYhoULE Wed 22-Dec-10 19:13:40

Cashmere tracksuit? Classy! confused

carlossss Wed 22-Dec-10 19:19:31

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: