Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

My ugly chin - please fix!!

(4 Posts)
luckykitty Mon 20-Dec-10 20:29:04

I have accepted that at 38 weeks its somewhat understandable that I am a volcano of hormones, however I am getting really p*ssed off with the giant ugly spots, actually not really spots just angry bits which keep appearing on my chin.

Sorry blush

Nothing seems to work, nothing makes them better/go/not appear in the first place.
Apart from 42 tons of concealer, putting a bag over my head or wearing a false beard has anyone got any ideas? hmm

Many thanks....

confuseddoiordonti Mon 20-Dec-10 20:58:33

Sorry to hear about your chin woes!
You may have tried these already but just in case... tea tree dabbed on may help. There are also brands on the market which are geared towards reducing the redness of spots (or nearly spots) - you might have to Google it as can't remember off the top of my head and the laptop is slow. Also, weird as it may sound, don't skip on the moisturiser as that will make the skin produce more oil and / or get more sore and blemished.
Lastly, and sorry if this is teaching to suck eggs etc, drink LOTS of water (realise you may be doing this anyway) and try and flush things out and away from the inside. Lots of water is one of the best, and cheapest, spot zappers there is! (Although not allowed to say that too much due to advertisting - am journo in RL)

Good luck with the skin and good luck with the baby!

StarlightPrincess Mon 20-Dec-10 21:29:14

Quinoderm Cream is a godsend. I had the same problem and it cleared up my spots in 3 days!

luckykitty Tue 21-Dec-10 10:52:51

Thank you!!!! I dont mind feeling like crap but would rather not look so much like it too

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: