Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Jeans for men - which ones to get?

(8 Posts)
sybilfaulty Sun 19-Dec-10 19:41:23

Hi there

My DH has asked for a pair of jeans for Christmas, leaving me virtually no time to work out which ones to get. He is 42 and not very trendy (tho neither am I!) and would want a 34/34 as he is tall and fairly slim. Any recommendations? I bought him Gap last time and would do again but am unsure if there is anything better out there. Haven't got time for a TK rummage so would have to pay full price in a real shop.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

TIA

duckyfuzz Sun 19-Dec-10 19:44:56

gap straight legs are nice, DH is nearly 40 and a not that trendy shortarse but these make him ok!

faustina Sun 19-Dec-10 19:46:19

the Uniqlo ones are nice - my ds2 likes the skinny ones, but your dh might prefer the straight. I think the good ones are called UJ or UT denim

duckyfuzz Sun 19-Dec-10 19:47:45

they don't make him ok, they make him look ok, he's ok even without them, mostly

brimfull Sun 19-Dec-10 19:58:03

levis 506 ,look great on dh

higgle Sun 19-Dec-10 22:31:02

My DH is very slender -G star are good on him and they last ages.

HollyBollyBooBoo Sun 19-Dec-10 23:13:53

Levis are always a classic. DH also buys Banana Republic and Tommy Hilfiger and they wear so well although he always buys them el cheapo when in US on business so guessing they could be a bit pricey in UK.

madammecholet Mon 20-Dec-10 09:55:27

My DH the same measurements, 34 34 slim, and he's worn Levi 512 for the past few years, a bootcut, very lovely on, makes his bum look deeeeeeeelicious!!

grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: