Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Would you....?

(9 Posts)
mrsgiggle Sun 19-Dec-10 15:39:47

I am going out with some friends on Wednesday night for a meal. The thing is I don't know what to wear!

I am so fed up of wearing jeans when I go out. I thought of wearing black leggings, some knee length lace up boots that I have and a long top. I have looked in the shops and can not find any tops that I like!

I have a top in my wardrobe that I have worn about three times, its black with a bit of gold on and long covers my bum!!

The only problem is a wore it last year when I went out with the same people, so should I wear it again? I cant remember what they wore, so do you think that they would remeber this?

What would you do?

Berk Sun 19-Dec-10 15:43:47

Defo, they won't remember it especially as it's black and you are dressing it differently anyway. Clothes are designed to be worn more than once! ;)

Clure Sun 19-Dec-10 15:51:55

yes I would wear it, maybe wear some different jewellery with it

BooBooGlass Sun 19-Dec-10 15:55:11

No they won't remember. But leggings are a tights substitute, not a trousers one.

BecauseItoldYouSo Sun 19-Dec-10 15:58:29

Well.....I wouldn't wear it...especially if you don't see these friends very often. Even worse if there are photos of the night last year.

Rupreckt Sun 19-Dec-10 16:03:31

Dorothy Perkins have some lovely tops to go with leggings that are not expensive at all.

I wouldnt wear the same thing either but that is just me!!

I love an excuse to buy something new!

jollyoldstnickschick Sun 19-Dec-10 16:05:39

Gold tops are festive ....get it worn its no great shakes.

mrsgiggle Sun 19-Dec-10 16:52:35

I wouldn't usually wear the same thing twice, but just can't be bothered to look anymore!!!

BelligerentYhoULE Sun 19-Dec-10 17:19:07

I wouldn't mind wearing the same thing again but, as BooBoo says, I absolutely wouldn't think of wearing just a top and leggings, minus shorts or a skirt.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: