Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Sainsbury's or Tesco for cheap quick fix buys?

(7 Posts)
moonstorm Fri 17-Dec-10 22:10:31

I can only get to one of these tomorrow. I just need some nice warm (look nice) jumpers/ tops.

Which would you say has more choice/ is better quality?

Thanks

marriednotmulled Fri 17-Dec-10 22:40:03

Sainsbury's for me.

Tesco tends to be more high fashion IME whereas Sainsbury's has a mixture of fashion and classics/basics. Their stuff usually washes quite well too.

tethersjinglebellend Fri 17-Dec-10 23:45:50

I heart Tesco. I have just bought a dress, a jumper, a skirt, a blouse and two pairs of leather gloves for fifty quid. Fifty quid.

Beats sainsbos hands down.

TheNextMrsClaus Sat 18-Dec-10 12:05:48

It depends on the size of your local store. Most of the Sainsbo's near here are too small to sell much more than socks.

Menagerie Sat 18-Dec-10 14:07:50

I bought a gorgeous long chunky cream cowl neck from Sainsbury for £8 last year and it still looks good as new. But a charcoal long cardi looked dire after one handwash - ragged and bobbly.
Don't have a tesco near us so not sure about their clothes but have had lots of good stuff from Sainsbury generally.

Bishoplyn Sat 18-Dec-10 14:21:16

I prefer Sainsburys - more colour range and better quality. Also find you're less likely to meet people wearing it! I love their tshirts and scarves.

StarlightPrincess Sat 18-Dec-10 14:26:32

Tesco out of the two of them, Sainsbury's is too frumpy IMO.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: