Talk

Advanced search

Soap & Glory bargain in Boots - huge bag of stuff for £25 down from £60!

(21 Posts)
MrsMeow Fri 17-Dec-10 16:35:53

this one

Someone came into my work with one today so I asked her where she got it from and she told me that someone was just putting more stock out, so I nipped in after work and grabbed one. It's a fantastic bargain, all full sized products and a bit of everything in there as well.

It's available online as well

netbook Fri 17-Dec-10 18:20:56

AARRGGGHHH!!!!! This offer has been on loads of times and I never get one.

They were available when I went onto the page, DP came home we had a quick chat and they went of stock!! angry

Maybe next time....

MillyR Fri 17-Dec-10 20:05:56

It says on the Boots website that more are coming soon.

MrsMeow Fri 17-Dec-10 20:36:35

Whoops sorry Netbook! They were still available online when I posted because I checked before texting my mum about it

netbook Fri 17-Dec-10 21:35:06

I wasn't angry at you MrsMeow, it was at myself for procrastinating! smile

Beamur Fri 17-Dec-10 21:36:32

No one thinking of boycotting Boots due to their transferring their HQ to Switzerland as a tax dodge then?
wink

MrsMeow Fri 17-Dec-10 21:45:56

Really Beamur? I haven't heard anything about that - mind you, I've done nothing but work and sleep this week so not surprising grin

Netbook - I'm the same! I missed out on the hatbox last time because I dithered! I use S&G all the time and would have saved a fortune by getting one!

Hope you manage to find one, I was reading on MSE that they usually keep stock back and spread it out over a few days so you may find that they come back in stock. The offer is on for a week

netbook Fri 17-Dec-10 22:15:59

Thought you might have got it from MSE, once it's on there no one has a chance!

Beamur Fri 17-Dec-10 22:40:08

I'm not very 'political' (although I have been drawn in on a few threads recently) but yes, Boots have relocated their HQ to Switzerland and are saving millions in tax.
I guess it depends on your opinion on that - it's a good 'business' decision and will profit their shareholders, but is denying the British tax system of something like 100 million a year.
To put it into context, the amount of tax Boots are successfully avoiding paying would cover the cost of the EMA in total.
Personally, I don't want to spend my money there and am contemplating changing both my contact lenses (used to be D&A, now Boots) and my prescription service as my own small protest.
Saying that, Soap and Glory is fab and I don't want to be a downer on a lighthearted thread.

MrsMeow Fri 17-Dec-10 23:02:12

Netbook - I had no idea until I saw the woman in work with one and my beady eyes swooped in grin I just looked on MSE because I knew they'd be getting excited about it haha!

Beamur - I'm not political either, but that stinks! Especially when you think of the trouble our country is in, and the fact that Boots is such an old, well established company

TheNextMrsClaus Sat 18-Dec-10 12:07:38

Beamur, they're not alone. Procter & Gamble did the same a few years back.

Jenda Sat 18-Dec-10 18:15:55

People have whacked them on ebay, cheapest so far is £34.99 + £10 postage. SO unfair, why can't people just leave them for those who actually want to buy them! Grrrr

purplepeony Sat 18-Dec-10 18:37:44

Well I have to say well done Boots- any company that can make itself more profitable is good news for the customers and the share holders.

I am sure it is not quite so simple though as you make out.

You might like to know ( if you don't) that Ebay/Paypal is based in Luxembourg to limit UK tax- I know because my BF husband is one of the directors and lives there!

Chatelaine Sat 18-Dec-10 19:48:27

Suckers - Like my dear old dad used to say, nothings cheap unless you NEED it. You have been convinced that you need/want this? Your desires have been stimulated and your wallets lightened. confused

kittya Sat 18-Dec-10 21:26:16

theyve got loads of them in my local store!!

I bought one today as a Xmas present but, now I want to keep it sad

MrsMeow Sun 19-Dec-10 11:25:33

Chatelaine - not a sucker at all. Apart from the lip gloss thing, everything else in the box I use most days anyway and would buy them individually at full price when I ran out.

As a rough estimate, the value of the contents is about £70 ish - they're all full sized items.

I got them for £25 and they'll last me the best part of a year, I fail to see why this is a bad thing?!

Jenda, I agree about the ebay thing. It really gets my goat when people try to make a quick buck like that.

tingletangle Sun 19-Dec-10 11:33:29

Boots were one of the companies that signed the letter to the telegraph saying we needed to make cuts to education etc. because of a lack of money.

How ironic.

kittya Sun 19-Dec-10 11:52:56

I dont see how those ebay people are making any money out of it. £35? its not worth the hassle.

Beamur Sun 19-Dec-10 18:07:17

I know lots of companies do it and I understand it makes sense for their shareholders. I don't see how it benefits their customers though.

maize Sun 19-Dec-10 18:23:29

I was in town yesterday and loads of people were walking around with a few of these each!

kittya Sun 19-Dec-10 18:26:00

they are good presants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now