Talk

Advanced search

Hollister now open in Kingston

(27 Posts)
deaddei Fri 17-Dec-10 12:22:33

The queues were immense at 9.30 this morning.
Looks as gloomy as ever.
What will it be like this afternoon when the schools break up???

HowsTheSerenity Fri 17-Dec-10 12:24:06

Awful!
The DC's are heading in after school to drool over the clothes.
Bentalls is bad on a good day. Stay away during the holidays, far far away. Unless of course you have a cattle prod.

berri Fri 17-Dec-10 12:37:11

When I walked past earlier there were loads of security managing the queue, and it was 1 in, 1 out!!

TrillianAstra Fri 17-Dec-10 12:38:18

I went into the one in New York, walked right out again. It was dark. And all the t-shirts were on shelves behind counters. I just want to look at and feel your t-shirts, I don't want to have to ask for one.

TheNextMrsClaus Fri 17-Dec-10 12:39:09

I think my kids are too young - what's Hollister? Is it in the same vein as Jack Wills, Superdry and Abercrombie?

jonicomelately Fri 17-Dec-10 12:41:12

Take a torch grin

floozle Fri 17-Dec-10 12:55:14

DD bought a red hoodie in our local Hollister only to get it home and found it was blooing pink. Looked a proper red in the shop.

floozle Fri 17-Dec-10 12:55:50

Sorry 'blooming' pink!

deaddei Fri 17-Dec-10 13:21:06

NextMrsClaus- it is known as the seventh circle of hell on MN.
Miners' headgear with torch necessary to see anything.
Bloody big potted plants for us to fall over.
Beautiful vacant assistants.
Irony is, it's got lots of bright colours but you can't see them.
The joy of wandering round Esprit instead.

Cyb Fri 17-Dec-10 13:26:00

Howstheserenity are you Kingstonian too?

<gathers to bosom>

deaddei Fri 17-Dec-10 13:29:12

I went for a nice coffee in Patisserie Valerie again and had a cake as well.

Cyb Fri 17-Dec-10 13:36:04

I've yet to frequent Valeries-is it down by Laura Ashly furnishings? If I hang around outside for long enough and someone with enormous feet comes by, will that be you?

foxinsocks Fri 17-Dec-10 13:39:49

I am going to be there (not hollister I hope but Kingston) doing last minute Xmas shopping this weekend as lots of online deliveries never arrived. I already feel like I need a stiff drink! I never do actual shopping this close to Xmas normally, bleeding snow <weeps>.

titchy Fri 17-Dec-10 13:44:21

Msrclaus - yes same vein. Hollister is made by A & F, but aimned at a younger age group.

The one in Kingston (conveniently next to superdry...hmm) had semi-naked men being bouncers earlier this week. biscuit

TheNextMrsClaus Fri 17-Dec-10 15:07:36

Thanks, titchy, I won't be rushing there, then. Luckily ds1 at age 11 is totally uninterested in label clothing, went to the school disco last night in his trackies.hmm

Good luck, foxinsocks, Kingston will be rammed this weekend!

HowsTheSerenity Fri 17-Dec-10 15:13:08

Cyb - Richmond but do like the shopping in Kingston

deaddei Fri 17-Dec-10 15:36:19

Yes that will be me, but you will notice my great beauty first. wink
Then my feet.

deaddei Fri 17-Dec-10 15:37:13

I do like a coffee in Richmond as well- Cafe Paulo is lovely.

Cyb Fri 17-Dec-10 16:56:39

Sounds like all you do is swan from one coffee shop to the next wink

HowsTheSerenity Fri 17-Dec-10 17:19:50

I like Pazza Idea though.

Menagerie Fri 17-Dec-10 18:05:32

Blimey, I was in Bentalls today and didn't notice a thing. Where is it?

Engels Fri 17-Dec-10 18:12:42

<tangent> where is cafe paulo?

I'm a Richmondite too.

Will probably be venturing to Kingston myself this weekend. Jo Malone, somewhere that sells naice scarves and wherever I can get DVDs cheapest.

Will add the naked boys and patisserie valerie to my route as a treat grin

foxinsocks Fri 17-Dec-10 18:41:47

<elbows engels out the way>

south west trains have just announced they will run an emergency timetable tomorrow, the lazy buggers. Nothing wrong with the trains now at all of course, but nothing like cancelling half a service just for fun. So if you were planning on going on the train, I would check the timetable first!

deaddei Sat 18-Dec-10 16:24:45

Cafe Paulo is near the Gourmet Burger Kitchen-lovely LebAnese place who do great crepes
Cyb, it's my mission in life to test out these places and report back to you all. I feel ridiculously grown up when I have one. Just been to Truckles on the Coombe flyover for a nice cup of tea.

Engels Sat 18-Dec-10 17:23:21

Ah thank you! I do know where it is - just hadn't connected the name. We refer to it as "£3 for a juice!" whilst making this face -> shock Is lovely juice mind.

Didn't get to Kingston. The banks were closed and needed to get shopping money. Obviously there's no commercial pressure on hsbc or Santander to open the Saturday before Christmas. Grrrr angry

Can only dream of Hollister boy-models and nice cakes at Patisserie Valerie...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now