Talk

Advanced search

What are you all wearing today?

(29 Posts)
iwilldothis Fri 17-Dec-10 11:45:13

Inspire me... I've been feeling under the weather all week and have only got dressed twice this week... still in my PJs and supersoft dressing gown now and don't know if I have the energy to get dressed....I'm hoping that hearing what beautiful clothes you lovely ladies are wearing today may shame/inspire me into making some effort....

daimbardiva Fri 17-Dec-10 11:58:38

I don't think I'll be much help - I'm currently modelling ancient Gap skinny jeans, an M+S long-sleeved T and a Primark checked shirt, with M+S fluffy boot-slippers!

Will be changing for a work night out later but even then will still be jeans, with a nice Zara top and cardie - but with fluffy boots as it's in Aviemore where it's -14!

So, there you go - no matter what you get dressed in, you'll be more glamorous than me!!!

christmaseve Fri 17-Dec-10 12:00:31

At work, killer heels, black fitted trousers, purple geometric one shoulder tiered top, black beaded cardigan. I'm off to the works do in a mo!

iwilldothis Fri 17-Dec-10 12:02:11

oooohhhh you have inspired me....to go eat a daim bar!! thank you! That will most certainly make me feel better! grin
enjoy your night out!

greentig3r Fri 17-Dec-10 12:02:20

Staying in because of the snow, wrapping presents and feeding the baby. Black yoga pants and North Face fleece jumper. Not inspirational, sorry smile. But I will be practising with the new Big Hair and maybe trying to follow some YouTube eye makeup tutorials.

MayorNaze Fri 17-Dec-10 12:03:12

hahahahaha tracky bottoms and gym top - 30 day shred oh yes indeedy grin

BUT am just about to shower and change into:
black and grey knitted dress
tartan skinnie trews
rocket dogs (which are breaking inside )

MayorNaze Fri 17-Dec-10 12:04:07

and since it is snowy and damp and cold and i do not possess de-misters for specs i will go with the contacts today and also do a little youtubey expermiental eye makeup grin

iwilldothis Fri 17-Dec-10 12:04:13

ah-ha...there's more inspiration for me.... I could go wrap pressies too......after I've finished my daim bar, of course....what an inspirational lot you all are! thanks grin

iwilldothis Fri 17-Dec-10 12:06:54

good for you, mayor, doing exercise. that'll have to be in the new year.
too bad about your boots.... my fave pair had the stitching come loose last week and I brought it to shoe repair guy to re-stitch and he only charged £2.50! So maybe worth seeing if yours can be fixed too?

JaxTellersOldLady Fri 17-Dec-10 12:07:21

I am wearing a black patterned 'swishy' skirt, black tights, long boots (removed boots now) a black cashmere jumper as I had a church service to attend at DC school.

Came home, changed into tracky bottoms and UGGs as my feet were freezing!

Just about to go wrap some more pressies... oh bugger, it is snowing HARD here.

TheNextMrsClaus Fri 17-Dec-10 12:44:35

I am nursing a hangover from last night's office Christmas Do, and vegging at home enjoying my last morning of freedom from the dcs, so I'm not dressed very inpirationally, I'm afraid:

Ancient jeans
White long-sleeved tee
Creamy-beige lambswool cardi with furry collar (mmm...)
Bedsocks

TheNextMrsClaus Fri 17-Dec-10 12:45:14

Nor am I dressed inspirationally.

countless Fri 17-Dec-10 12:50:25

still in bed eating chilli..another xmas party casualty..

horribly bobbled but warm woolly gap 'lounge pants' eww
vest with no bra, not a good look
last nights make up, eyes feel dry and crusty

ecumenist Fri 17-Dec-10 13:53:47

Today I shall mostly be wearing boots and Christmas earrings

Dexterrocks Fri 17-Dec-10 14:07:31

mayor the soles of my favourite Red or Deads broke too. I feel your pain. I love them.
iwilldothis not inspirational here. I am wearing Next jeans, a white long sleeved top from M&S, a purple embroidered t shirt from John Rocha and a fleece I wore when I was last pregnant (he is 6 now) that has some Heinz tomato soup on it somewhere.
I have done my hair though if that helps at all, though I didn't use the straighteners today.

BitOfFalalalalaa Fri 17-Dec-10 14:09:23

I am wearing pajamas. And eyeing up the Christmas Slanket which I'm not allowed to open yet.

TheNextMrsClaus Fri 17-Dec-10 14:12:12

Did someone mention Slanket in the Style & Beauty threads? wink

BitOfFalalalalaa Fri 17-Dec-10 14:16:56

Monk-chic, it's the Next Big Thing.

verytellytubby Fri 17-Dec-10 15:08:28

Ancient jeans
Horrible white vest
Awful Quicksilver fleece

Day 6 of being housebound as DC have swine flu.

Given up.

lou33 Fri 17-Dec-10 15:12:16

dark grey woollen cowl neck thigh length jumper, with light grey leggings, black over the knee socks pushed down a bit and black biker boots

ChippedChinaTeacup Fri 17-Dec-10 15:13:57

purple and orange tunic (not as vile as it sounds)
black cardigan
black leggings
black uggs

A red cowl neck jumper dress, tights, beige suede boots.

BelligerentYhoULE Fri 17-Dec-10 19:08:40

I like the sound of the cowl neck dress.

I'm in my slob clothes now but for work I wore:

black pencil skirt;
black sheer tights with tiny dots on them;
black knee high boots;
black cashmere jumper;
gold and black pashmina;
gold and black beaded cuff;
black military cropped jacket with gold buttons.

southeastastra Fri 17-Dec-10 19:10:13

green americal apparel slouchy top, enormous flares like 70s ones from man about the house

duckyfuzz Fri 17-Dec-10 19:13:39

Am now in my gap slob wear, for work I wore grey flannel trouser suit and black top with boots and my lovely red coat (last Christmas's present from dh) still wasn't warm enough for gate duty though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now