Talk

Advanced search

Feck, my new boots won't go on - HELP!!

(10 Posts)
docket Thu 16-Dec-10 19:34:35

So gutted, have just bought some lovely new flat knee high boots and one of them just won't go on! The other was a struggle but can be done. They aren't super tight around the calf, the style is mildly baggy but my foot gets stuck at the ankle and just won't go into the bottom bit. The foot that will go into the boot is comfortable in it so it does 'fit' once on. How, how, how can I get them on? Special socks? Some kind of boot lubricant? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! Help!

docket Thu 16-Dec-10 19:56:30

a desperate bump....

GwennieF Thu 16-Dec-10 20:07:01

Maybe if you wear tights instead of socks the first few times you wear them....?

Hopefully someone else will have some better advice

docket Thu 16-Dec-10 20:12:01

that's an idea, thanks!

Tillyscoutsmum Thu 16-Dec-10 20:14:21

Are they from Office by any chance ? I had the same problem - left went in fine, right was a real struggle. It was almost like there was a slight stitching fault (either that or I have one foot waaaay bigger than the other). I exchanged them for another pair which were absolutely fine

tethersjinglebellend Thu 16-Dec-10 20:16:32

Take them to the cobblers and ask them to stretch them.

docket Thu 16-Dec-10 20:20:14

Tillyscoutsmum, they are from office but are Camper, their shoes usually fit me so well. Am going to try the tights thing and if that fails send them back. So annoyed as I like them so much!

JamInMyWellies Thu 16-Dec-10 20:23:47

Oh I finally have a useful tip. grin

You need to put a plastic bag on your foot then ease your foot in. Very weird but it works.

I bought some cowboy boots in the Summer from a traditional American cowboy type shop. I could get my left foot in but not my right. She told me to do the bag tip. Wear them round the house for a wee bit then next time you will find it much easier. And lo and behold it worked.

docket Thu 16-Dec-10 20:26:26

JamInMyWellies, I love you! I am going to bed now (teething DS2 sleep hell) but will do this tomorrow and report back. Thank you

docket Fri 17-Dec-10 13:41:54

The boots are on, thanks to a plastic bag, some serious heaving and a lot of swearing. Thanks Jam!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now