Talk

Advanced search

plastic surgery ..tummy tuck

(8 Posts)
ducdo Thu 16-Dec-10 14:40:14

hi mumsnet, not sure if this is the right place, but making enquiries about getting a tummy tuck in the UK (london area) and don't know where to start - if I google the search there are loads.

if anyone can recommended a company or point me in the right direction, would be very grateful. thank you.

electra Thu 16-Dec-10 14:42:32

I haven't had a tummy tuck but have had other surgery. I'd say it's important to choose a plastic surgeon, preferably a consultant - not a 'cosmetic surgeon'.

ducdo Thu 16-Dec-10 14:45:10

thanks electra, there just seems to be so many. My GP recommended a consultant with BMI healthcare near where we live, however the price is 6k and sure I can get it cheaper elsewhere.. just so many companies out there offering this surgery and want to make sure i get it done properly!

purplepeony Thu 16-Dec-10 15:07:29

If you search boob jobs and plastic surgeons on this site there have been recommendations.
My friend had a £5K boob job by Alex Karidis. You might also try looking at the Channel 4 10 years younger prog. site for the surgeons they use.

higgle Fri 17-Dec-10 00:41:20

I don't think trying to get it cheaper should be your main concern. ducdo, this is serious surgery and you hear horrible storries of botched procedures and even deaths. If you seriously want this done you should be taking professional advice from your GP as to the most acomplished surgeon, and the safest hospital setting for the surgery.

purplepeony Fri 17-Dec-10 07:41:03

Agree- cost should not be the deciding factor.

ducdo Sat 18-Dec-10 14:29:02

thanks all, you're right. Having done more research over past couple of days, believe the one GP recommended will be the best and safest option. Thanks again.

tulpe Sat 18-Dec-10 23:52:35

Ducdo - I am in bucks and paid £4.5k for my tummy tuck his summer. The fee was my last concern. The most important thing to me was finding a great surgeon. Personally I wouldn't think about approaching a cosmetic company. Go with your GP recommendation but even then go on gut instinct when you meet the surgeon too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now