Talk

Advanced search

how to dress down

(10 Posts)
bluetortoise Wed 15-Dec-10 20:44:16

Hello there, I would love to hear your opinions. I am thinking about wearing this dress (link below) for something that is meant to be quite informal. Do you think I could dress it down if so how could I do it? Many thanks for your help...

http://www.phase-eight.co.uk/fcp/product/warehouse /All-Sale/Yasmin-Jersey-Dress/201065399

moragbellingham Wed 15-Dec-10 21:03:03

That's a tricky one to do!
If you really had to wear it, I think opaques and flat pumps with cardigan in black possibly.

moragbellingham Wed 15-Dec-10 21:03:35

In a fifties kind of styleesmile

QueenGigantaurofMnet Wed 15-Dec-10 21:06:34

ooh thats lovely.

do you normally dress very smartly? What i mean is, would it be out of carachter to wear a smart dress like that?

if not then yes, opaques and black cardi with some flat pumps/non dressy heels.

bluetortoise Wed 15-Dec-10 21:29:21

thanks for your feedback, good idea about the black cardi Morag, hadn't thought about it, but was think about the flat pumps so that is good, I need to search for a black cardi now, but have to find in a shop cause I need to wear on Saturday. I don't usually dress very smartly Queen, but I quite like to make an effort every now and then. For example I bought that dress for a birthday lunch and I wanted to wear something quite nice but which wasn't too OTT, iykwim. Do you think a grey cardi would look too formal for the dress?

QueenGigantaurofMnet Wed 15-Dec-10 21:34:54

not at all, actually Grey would work very well and pick up on the grey in the dress.

bluetortoise Wed 15-Dec-10 21:54:26

ok, big search for a grey or black cardi now then (in a place where I can pick from a store, given the urgency...). Anyone would like to join me on my hard task (please, please, please blush) ?

moragdingdongbellingham Wed 15-Dec-10 22:15:08

this is not at all what I was thinking of but have seen it in store and it does look nice. I have one similar in style and have worn it everywhere.
The pic looks awful and the review is bad, but it is only one review - and I would take it back if it wore that badly too!

in black or grey
3/4 sleeves would be better I think.

QueenGigantaurofMnet Wed 15-Dec-10 22:32:52

definitly the second.

bluetortoise Wed 15-Dec-10 22:33:49

thanks so much for the links Morag, I like the second one best and there is a Warehouse not too far from me, so that would be easy to see if they have in store... if not I have a better idea now of what to look for, was not sure what I was looking for really but you gave me huge help grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now