Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Can anyone recommend a good style guide?

(8 Posts)
SuchStuff Wed 15-Dec-10 20:27:52

I'm looking for a style guide to give as a Christmas pressie - the lady in question is in her early 30s, a SAHM and, IMO, neither frumpy nor mega- trendy.

Oh, and she has asked for a style guide, by the way - I suspect it might be a rather rude gift otherwise!!

So, any suggestions?

SuchStuff Thu 16-Dec-10 09:39:37

Bump! Anyone?!

Whitethorn Thu 16-Dec-10 09:41:13

Paula Reed from Grazia has great polished style and if you think she would like to emulate her look, thats a good place to start.

OooohWhatIfItHurts Thu 16-Dec-10 09:53:41

Might a magazine subscription be a better bet?

SuchStuff Thu 16-Dec-10 11:39:18

Will look at the Paula Reed book, thanks!

I don't think the subscription would fit my rather small budget, but just on case, what would you suggest?

Thanks for your comments!

SickOnMyShoulder Thu 16-Dec-10 11:53:43

red is 20 pounds for a year and is a decent read as well as good style and fashion bits.

Howmanytimes Thu 16-Dec-10 20:18:02

I bought "The Lucky Shopping Manual: Building and Improving Your Wardrobe Piece by Piece" Kim:Linett France (Author) a year ago and I refer to it frequently. This would be my top suggestion and I've had them all from T & S to Gok.

Amazon sell it for £19.79.

SuchStuff Fri 17-Dec-10 20:45:58

Thanks again ladies. I've decides to go for the Paula Reed one but will order The Lucky Shopping Manual for myself from the library.

I've never read Red before, but will pick it up now.

Thanks for all comments. Very useful!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: