Talk

Advanced search

Skinny 3 year old with long legs.... Where do I get tights that fit?

(8 Posts)
MayDayChild Wed 15-Dec-10 15:43:16

Subject says it all
If I find ones long enough age 3-4 such as hennes, they are huge on the waist and fall down.
If I find some skinny enough mini mode, they aren't long enough and sit half way down her legs!
HELP she refuses to wear jeans and I don't blame her as they have to pulled in so much at waist they dig in!

Yulephemia Wed 15-Dec-10 16:49:13

I've always had this problem with my DD - she's tall and skinny (like her dad, not me, sadly!).

We've pretty much given up on tights and she wears leggings/trousers instead.

FiveColdRingsForSolo Wed 15-Dec-10 16:53:09

My 3 nearly 4 yo is tall and skinny too and I have found Primark tights age 5 to 6 are perfect this winter.

GlynistheMincePie Wed 15-Dec-10 16:58:01

I've found H&M tights really great too!

They stay 'tight' and are a great fit, without too much up to tummy area too.

DD is 3 - wearing 3-4 yrs size

HTH

smile

DonaAna Wed 15-Dec-10 17:09:28

I have a tall and skinny and extremely long-legged 3-year-old. The best tights for her come from the Finnish brand Vendi. Size 90 cm are perfect although she is currently 100cm and about 13-14 kg. You can get them here (they have currently a 3 for the price of 2 offer, 90 cm is available in pink only), or email the shop owner villiankka@villiankka.fi, I'm sure they speak English and shipping to UK cannot be a big deal.

H&M sizing is for short and tubby children IMO. Never a great fit for my DD.

GlynistheMincePie Wed 15-Dec-10 17:24:46

charming, thanks for that DonaAna blush

EatingAngelPie Wed 15-Dec-10 17:29:55

we buy tescos 5/6 for DD who is a tall 3 year old. after the first wash they stop falling down

they are also reasonably priced at £5 for 3.

lovingthesun Wed 15-Dec-10 20:17:24

DD2 is wearing DD1's M&S cast offs. She's a skinny little 4 yr old & wears age 4-5, 5-6 in M&S. They don't have feet shapes, so no worries about the gappy foot bit peaking out of shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now