Talk

Advanced search

jumper dresses?

(10 Posts)
Tommy Tue 14-Dec-10 13:35:15

or should I follow the rule that says "if you can remember them the first time round, then you're too old to wear them this time"?

I would like one but haven't seen any I realy like. Any ideas?

Mummyisamonster Tue 14-Dec-10 14:25:11

Go and try some on. I remember them first time round but never wore them. This time round I love them and there are so many different styles. Go for it.

For what it's worth I saw lots in <<whispers>> M&S. blush.As a vertically-challenged woman I like the fact I could get them in differing lengths. I'd say wear thick tights/leggings and take the shoes you'd wear with them (I took boots) and go for a try-on.

Good luck!

LLJ4 Tue 14-Dec-10 14:37:01

I'm wearing them but only because I'm pregnant, otherwise "child chic" tends to make me look very short and infantile.

If they're short it must be leggings or even jeans underneath.

If they're long enough for work, then tights and boots is a really chic look.

LLJ4 Tue 14-Dec-10 14:37:36

Incidentally, mine come from Primark. £11 new wool.

tulpe Tue 14-Dec-10 14:47:33

LLJ4 - new wool for £14??! Am making note to make trek to Primark this week....

Hush do some lovely jumper dresses. I have this one from last year in antique rose and its gorgeous. Washes really well and looks just as great a year on. Very cosy too with the cashmere content.

Clure Tue 14-Dec-10 21:08:17

zara have got some lovely ones, very reasonable lovely and soft.

Elemental Wed 15-Dec-10 11:09:57

I've been trying them on but have the problem with my belly that still juts out quite a bit in a way it never used to, 21 months after my cs. A lot of the straight dresses really emphasize my belly, but have found 2 that I love:

works with tits and tummy, but I think length is written wrong, I would say 90 cm, it's a dress on me at 5'1

so soft and warm, a cuddle of a dress

missmartha Wed 15-Dec-10 12:29:13

Yay, I were jumper dresses as I did the first time around.

I wear skinny jeans, leggings or thick tights with them and usually boots of some kind.

If they look good and you feel happy, just do it.

daimbardiva Wed 15-Dec-10 13:22:59

I absolutely love jumper dresses and tunics and wonder what I wort before they came along. Er, wore.

Leggings/jeggings are good for helping to hold the tummy in as well as looking good, I find

Tommy Wed 15-Dec-10 22:05:33

thank you!
I have new boots too so I will start investigating smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now