Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Boden Sale - what are you keeping?

(19 Posts)
kittya Mon 13-Dec-10 12:26:18

I only ordered a dress for myself, the rest is xmas presents. I notice there's still afew bits left and Im wondering if the bags will come down again? Has anyone received any of their shopping yet and, did you think you got a bargain?

c0rnsillky Mon 13-Dec-10 12:26:50

my stuff is here but haven't opened it yet

tulpe Mon 13-Dec-10 12:53:07

Not arrived yet but one of the two sizes I ordered will fit!

allluckedout Mon 13-Dec-10 12:54:04

its not here yet

purplepeony Mon 13-Dec-10 13:05:52

not here yet although had a dispatched email on Thursday.
I ordered the cropped cash cardi- has mixed reviews- and the spangly cardi in grey. Will keep 1 I hope.

CristinaTheAstonishing Mon 13-Dec-10 17:00:54

Kept jeans.

Returned velvet jacket (colour too Tally-Ho and fabric too thin), black cardi (how can you get a basic black cardi wrong? by putting a strip for the buttons that looks like a shoelace), velvet skirt (quite nice but not £32 worth nice). Undecided on boyfriend cardi, it's a lovely rose colour and I have things it would match, not certain it's worth £39.

kittya Fri 17-Dec-10 19:05:09

Im still waiting for my blinking dress sad

NinkyNonker Fri 17-Dec-10 20:31:18

I'm keeping a couple of Cosmopolitan tops, a ruffle front top and a boyfriend cardi. Rest has gone back, but wil keep an eye and see if the Breton tunic comes down further, the berry colour was lovely but not for £48.

Eliza70 Fri 17-Dec-10 20:36:41

Keeping Copenhagen tunic. Sending back Notting Hill dress as it's too big and the rose boyfriend cardi as it's too thick thought it would be fine and drapey, also not worth the money. Their sizing is v hit and miss tunic is a 16 and just fits, but dress is massive?!?

SerendipityAlways Fri 17-Dec-10 22:59:42

Keeping straightleg jeans and a basic crew neck tee in a gorgeous rose colour.

Have returned the ruffle top in white, which I was v disappointed with. Ordered one in a size 10 which is my normal Boden size, it was HUGE on me and also way too low cut, you need an ample bosum for this top! Also the fabric was quite thin and showed off all my lumps and bumps.

Also think I have managed to bag the elegant velvet jacket in the aubergine, on a return, waiting for a confirmation email of the order from Boden so fingers crossed!

kittya Tue 21-Dec-10 11:04:06

I got the brown/blue Notting Hill dress and, I have to say, it fits perfectly especially over my ample boobs! I will keep it but, its not a Winter dress!! Unless I dont go outside all holiday.

allluckedout Tue 21-Dec-10 11:06:37

kept dresses for me and most of the other bits i ordered for the children but the blue girls duffle coat is going back as its ugly and so is a horrible scratchy grey and blue spotty hat, scarf and gloves set. i've had plenty of lambswool sets from boden before that have been lovely and soft but this one isn;t.
i want to order a couple more dresses and a pea coat for myself but i can;t until after xmas.

daimbardiva Tue 21-Dec-10 11:13:31

Keeping a cosmopolitan tee and velvet plimsolls. It was the dresses I wanted and one is frumpy and the other one just not v nice, so they are going back. Boo

GeorginaWorsley Tue 21-Dec-10 11:14:53

Keeping floaty dress in cranerry,returning Notting Hill dress as unflatttering.
Keeping Copenhagen tunic,one cardigan plus 2 bits dor DD3.
Otherwise I resisted everything !

passthecheese Tue 21-Dec-10 11:15:14

I've kept the blue ruffle dress, fits very nicely if neatly, and seems warm. Also the colourblock milano coat, kept the 10 and returned the 12. Also returned is the deep aqua cashmere cardi, it fitted well, was lovely and soft but... not quite the right colour for me. It was a lovely colour but too green for me.

sparklyjewlz Tue 21-Dec-10 11:36:03

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Shirts/WA275/Womens-L aidback-Shirt.html in aubergine.

purplepeony Tue 21-Dec-10 12:18:00

Keeping the spangly cardi in grey to dress down with a cami and jeans. returning cropped cash cardi as too short and small for me even though i am a 10.

cornprawnringJasonDonovanstart Tue 21-Dec-10 12:20:21

Kept the stripy knitted dress - I love it. Would order another but they are all too similar. So comfy.
Kept stripy scarf - also lovely and cosy
Sent back boyfriend cardi and some tops that I can't remember. Have ordered a new lot grin

SerendipityAlways Tue 21-Dec-10 12:33:19

Have kept the Holland Park dress in damson - a suprisingly lovely, versatile dress! Quite chuffed with it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: