Talk

Advanced search

Oil cleansing method, suitable for oily skin?

(8 Posts)
MemooMerrilyOnHigh Sat 11-Dec-10 22:36:56

I have really oily skin and i'm still prone to spots so was wondering if using the oil cleansing method would make it worse or improve it. How have others found it?

JiminyCricket Sat 11-Dec-10 22:45:57

My skin started to get a bit spot prone in my mid thirties and after reading about it on here I started doing it and did quite rate it, but found it was affecting the texture of my skin a bit (to be fair I prob wasn't using exactly the recommended combination of oils). Instead I started just using the hot steamy flannel with only hot water and have never looked back, very few spots now. I do use make up most days, but even so i find it keeps my skin clean enough.

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 11-Dec-10 23:20:19

My skin is less oily now that I'm using the oil cleansing method. I just use plain castor oil an don't mix it with anything else.

Ash74 Mon 13-Dec-10 12:09:14

An oil based product such as Rodin Luxury Face Oil is great for really sensitive skins, but also as a moisturiser for people with oily skin, as it regulates sebum production rather than making the area more oily.

amalsth761 Tue 21-May-13 16:53:02

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

amalsth761 Tue 21-May-13 16:54:00

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

amalsth761 Tue 21-May-13 16:55:39

amalsth761 Tue 21-May-13 16:57:25

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now