Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

what outfit makes you feel really happy?

(19 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Sat 11-Dec-10 22:26:49

you know, your go-to, never-fail, feel a million bucks outfit? doesn't matter if day or night, casual or going out, just something that you feel "yes" in - please share smile

FaffTastic Sat 11-Dec-10 22:45:20

Do PJs count?

Only joking.

Have millions of clothes and lots that I feel good in and that suit me but have yet to find 'the one' that makes me feel utterly fab. The search is still continuing for my 'feel like a million bucks' outfit and no doubt I will continue to waste more money on a stack more clothes until I eventually find it.

Whats your 'yes' outfit LTEC?

LetThemEatCake Sat 11-Dec-10 23:03:30

do you know, as of the last few weeks, it's my sloth outfit - leggings or genetic denim jeggings, [http://www.dollyrocks.co.uk/footwear-c14/love-fro m-australia-love-from-australias-classic-tall-napp a-boots-p219 these boots]] and an oversized men's grey cashmere jumper from harrods via a charity shop

only at home though wink

for evening, this has proved a good buy

and these rarely fail me.

but like you I have millions of clothes and think I look reasonable in most of them but rarely feel 'wow' about myself. Which would be nice really.

LetThemEatCake Sat 11-Dec-10 23:04:14

sorry these boots

Daydreaming Sat 11-Dec-10 23:16:49

LTEC - do you think the black rats would be ok on someone who is petite?

FaffTastic Sat 11-Dec-10 23:23:02

LTEC - loving the Navy dress. Have a similar one from Whistles (though not Jersey) which in summer I used to wear with bare legs and coral high-heeled suede stilletos from Reiss with matching clutch bag. What do you wear with it in Winter? Black tights and shoes?

KurriKurri Sat 11-Dec-10 23:38:22

There's a pic on my profile of me in one of my favourite dresses (no link - I got it from an independent boutique), I love the colour, and I always enjoy wearing it.

LetThemEatCake Sat 11-Dec-10 23:43:43

daydreaming 100% yes to rats on a petite someone!!! They are brilliant from day to night - I am on my 3rd pair, they're fab. Lots of my friends back home who are petite have them and look great.

Faff I've been waring the navy dress with yes, black opaques (occasionally lace tights) and these boottes HAve also worn (once) with bare legs and these shoes

love the sound of coral in summer!

Bonsoir Sun 12-Dec-10 10:20:14

My newest one smile

Looking different and better is generally a morale-booster! I quickly get bored with myself!

LetThemEatCake Sun 12-Dec-10 10:31:15

oh yes agree re boredom. An outfit I loved 2 weeks ago can very quickly become "ugh, off to the charity shop with you!!"

Bonsoir Sun 12-Dec-10 10:34:11

Another thing: I have discovered that changing my tights is a good cheap way of revamping an outfit - I like short skirts/shorts in winter, and you can refresh your look very well with different tights/coordinating top and mixing your accessories around.

otchayaniye Sun 12-Dec-10 12:31:44

I have three African print day dresses -- not my most expensive dresses by any means (although they were made for me) -- but every time I wear these I have people stopping me to ask where I got them.

Or the African women in SE London laugh and point.

Either way, I'm noticed.

Those, and a pair of snakeskin Louboutins

Or my floor length white Mongolian sheepskin coat -- so ludicrous it goes beyond Russian hooker chic into Philip Salon territory.

LooL00 Sun 12-Dec-10 13:08:26

I always feel great wearing stripey tights.

IWouldNotCouldNotWithAGoat Sun 12-Dec-10 15:12:57

Any one of my summer dresses! Love them!

LoudRowdyDuck Sun 12-Dec-10 15:28:23

My ankle-length black velvet coat. It is gorgeous and cut very nicely so it does not look goth-y. From Hobbs (oddly enough). If I wear that with a nice pair of heels I always feel wonderful even if I'm wearing my oldest jeans and ratty jumper underneath. smile

Also several dresses from Eucalyptus - they are so silly and sexy (think blue and white nautical stripes or raspberry pink, in 1950s-ish summer dress shapes), I always feel great.

Coro Sun 12-Dec-10 20:58:55

Loo, I am the same with stripey tights. I'm on the hunt for some more decent wool or cotton ones as mine are wearing out. Any ideas?

NinkyNonker Sun 12-Dec-10 21:32:18

This brown dress with co-ordinating top, tights and leather boots. Easy to breastfeed in and the dress is a lovely heavy, drapey jersey.

LooL00 Mon 13-Dec-10 09:26:57

Coro I had some from M and S last year which were really nice (actually i bought 5 pairs) but this year the colours are not so good. I bought cream and black stipes from H and M this year which i have not yet tried on but i did notice they'd put them in the sale last month so they may be gone. Stripey tights are always diff to find.

Romanarama Mon 13-Dec-10 09:50:40

My Burberry trench. Doesn't matter what's under it smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: