Talk

Advanced search

Modern perming method?

(5 Posts)
TryLikingClarity Sat 11-Dec-10 21:05:51

My hair is thick, mainly straight with a slight wave in it. It's in good condition.

For about a year I've been thinking of getting it curled professionally as I always get lots of compliments when I take time to style it curled myself.

I don't have time to curl it myself everyday so would like a perm....

I'm scared that a perm would result in me looking like an 80s TV housewife, as that is really not the look I'm aiming for!

Anyone have any experience of modern perming techniques?

A local salon offers 'carving' treatments, which according to their website is a temporary chemical curl lasting 7 weeks.

If anyone has any advice to help me change my hair that'd be great

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 11-Dec-10 23:27:26

I've just had a perm, but it's dropping out now. It's only lasted about 6 weeks. My hair is quite fluffy and wavy now, no real curls anymore sad

TryLikingClarity Sun 12-Dec-10 07:50:27

Was it meant to only last 6 weeks, or did you think it'd last longer?

At the moment my hair is just past jaw length, and I'm still thinking that maybe it'd be better to wait till it's longer.

TryLikingClarity Sun 12-Dec-10 21:21:58

bumping this thread

ilovemyfestivehens Sun 12-Dec-10 21:39:32

It's meant to last longer confused I don't think she left the perm solution on for long enough because I told her I didn't want an 80s bubble job, but she only left it on for about 10 minutes instead of 20. I think 15 mins might be been more realistic.

I put curl boost on and mousse if I'm feeling esp. desperate to resurrect the curls, but it doesn't seem to do any good. It just goes straight if I blow dry it, even with the diffuser on.

It doesn't matter, I'd rather it was fluffy and wavy, than limp and straight which it was before. I look kind of wild and eccentric now instead of just plain and boring grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now