Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What jewellery to war with long top?

(5 Posts)
androbbob Thu 09-Dec-10 21:39:39

I have my Xmas do next Friday - I have bought a black and cream short dress which I am wearing as a tunic style top with black trousers. The dress is short sleeved and has a round neckline and is patterned - black with cream outline of squares on it. It is round necked - if that matters.

Do I go for a large necklace in cream colour or go for something bright and bold to introduce some colour? I have a large chest if that makes a difference! and will be wearing my hair up.

I am off to town tomorrow and need to know what to be looking for.

Thanks!

lilolilmanchester Fri 10-Dec-10 00:24:57

where was the dress from (as in can you find it online and post a link?)

androbbob Fri 10-Dec-10 20:56:25

Have searched online to no avail. Will take a photo later and post up in the morning!

FaffTastic Sat 11-Dec-10 22:01:48

I'd stick with a black or cream necklace tbh and wouldn't introduce another colour.

Just noticed though that you posted this yesterday and were going shopping today - how did you get on, did you find anything you liked?

androbbob Sun 12-Dec-10 20:20:05

Got a lovely pendant style necklace from Primark (!) which is cream and silver and a matching bangle. DD who is 9 thinks it looks great!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: