Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Need interview clothes for next week. V short on time & no idea what to buy

(18 Posts)
nymphadora Wed 08-Dec-10 12:23:24

I'm only 8 weeks post c-section so body all to pot so don't want to spend much. Also have 2 ill children & snow so shopping time v limited.

Shopping options are tesco/asda/matalan/next/new look or online (but will it arrive?)

magnolia1970 Wed 08-Dec-10 12:29:50

Asda will probably be your best bet. What's the job for?

I'd look at the maternity wear 1st as it's going to be more forgiving. How about this?

http://direct.asda.com/george/women-s-clothing/mat ernity/gathered-maternity-dress/GEM51241,default,p d.html

nymphadora Wed 08-Dec-10 12:34:33

Trading standards.

No maternity wear locally. Am more or less back in normal clothes but they need to be bigger than I'd like! Bought jeans last week that fell down last night so a bit dodgy sidewise(tried them on in the shop!)

I'm somewhere around 16/18 on bottom depending on fit. Similar on top. Boobs huge with breastfeedinh which is causing top problems. 38f+ (f bras tight pre feed)

nymphadora Wed 08-Dec-10 13:24:44

Bump

CMOTdibbler Wed 08-Dec-10 13:34:07

How about this dress ?

nymphadora Wed 08-Dec-10 13:56:47

Like that but sold out in my size.
Like the curvy/super curvy label!

chivers1977 Wed 08-Dec-10 13:59:42

Its available in red in all sizes here wish I had boobs!!

nymphadora Wed 08-Dec-10 14:28:50

I went from a 36 C so it's all a bit offs shock! Especially since I only went to a C with dd1/2

SickOnMyShoulder Wed 08-Dec-10 17:45:11

love the pnk dress, but would wear it with a cami under so you are not showing too much cleavage

nymphadora Wed 08-Dec-10 18:21:35

Showed it to dh & he reckons it wouldn't support my overhang enough. Going to have to be trousers

tethersjinglebellend Wed 08-Dec-10 22:11:37

This dress with This jacket

OR

This jacket and this skirt

Dress too informal without a jacket IMO

nymphadora Thu 09-Dec-10 07:11:53

I saw that dress. Good value. How effective is the sculpt ? blush

tethersjinglebellend Thu 09-Dec-10 12:16:52

I have the skirt, and it's very effective grin

nymphadora Sat 11-Dec-10 17:14:46

Tried on tinned of stuff & nothing fit trousers that fit at waist looked like a dress & needed inches off them. Shirts that wouldn't pull up. Jackets that wouldn't fasten. Very little in way of shirts but they didn't fasten. Tried a lovely wrap top but couldn't see where my boobs end & stomach started.

ILoveGregoryHouse Sat 11-Dec-10 18:13:09

Hi Nymph, saw you'd got a thread going here from the october board. How about getting a wrap dress second hand from ebay? You might be able to pick up an isabella oliver for a good price.

Elsa123 Sat 11-Dec-10 18:23:49

Good idea ILGH. Ref supporting the overhang I would get the dress and buy some support pants and tights that will do the job.

nymphadora Sat 11-Dec-10 18:50:29

No time for eBay now going to m&s on Monday so will see what they have support wise then try matalan again wearing them.

nymphadora Sat 11-Dec-10 18:51:37

Interview is Wed & am in work mon pm & Physio on ties. Possibly got dd1 off sick too which complicates things

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: