Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

make up brushes

(11 Posts)
smellyfeet Tue 07-Dec-10 20:09:49

Help needed. DP's mum wants some make up brushes for Christmas. I don't wear make up and have no idea what to get.

Is £30 a lot of money for make up brushes? Anyone suggest a decent set?

BooBooGlass Tue 07-Dec-10 20:12:36

Brushes from the Body shop are great, but I'd go for Ruby and Millie or Mac if you can stretch to it.

howdidthishappentome Tue 07-Dec-10 20:19:58

i also like body shop brushes and they have a good set half price now i would link but i dont know how blush

smellyfeet Tue 07-Dec-10 20:27:33

Where can i get ruby and millie from? There dont seem to be any sets on boots.com.

The body shop ones look good, but I'd rather not buy from them.

Any others?

smellyfeet Tue 07-Dec-10 20:48:45

For those that know, is this any good?

gregssausageroll Tue 07-Dec-10 21:12:48

There are some really good reviews on some sets on QVC,

stressheaderic Tue 07-Dec-10 21:27:00

I have Bobbi Brown ones and they are absolutely fab, and come in a nice case - def worth the extra few quid.

here

ricketyrock Tue 07-Dec-10 21:40:11

smellyfeet they look good
stila is a good brand and all areas are covered.

Havingkittens Tue 07-Dec-10 21:47:33

Smellyfeet, Stila brushes are lovely but that's not really a set I'd recommend. It's a bit random! You need two different brushes for eyeshadow ideally and if you are the sort of person who just wears one eyeshadow then that's not really the main brush you should have, that big black brush is more for blending colours into your base colour but they don't seem to have one for just applying a base colour on the lid or brow bone.

I would highly recommend the Royal Brushes Silk Pro brush sets on QVC. I have all the sets of their brushes that QVC sells and they are extremely good quality professional standard brushes. They make brushes for a lot of the leading brands like MAC, Shu Uemura and Bobbi Brown too. Some of their brushes I like better than the MAC ones to be honest.

moccachoccachino Tue 07-Dec-10 21:51:20

I second the Body Shop brush roll and brushes, quality if fine and if you use code JOY30 you should get another 30% off and it is free delivery.

smellyfeet Tue 07-Dec-10 22:51:19

thanks all.

Havingkittens - I went for the QVC royal brushes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: