Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Warm stylish coats for men

(3 Posts)
OldAndUngraceful Tue 07-Dec-10 10:13:55

Hi everyone. I would like to give my DH a coat for Christmas and I would like it to be very warm and as stylish as possible so that he can wear it with jeans, suits and chinos. In terms of look, I love traditional Reefer Jackets or Pea Coats, I just wonder if they'll be warm enough for the winter we're facing. Budget is around £300. Ideal colour would be navy. My husband is tall and gangly and has a tendency to look scruffy grin. Any suggestions would be most welcome, specially if you (or rather your DHs) have first hand experience of them. Cheers all!

OldAndUngraceful Tue 07-Dec-10 12:05:51

smile
bump

scotgirl Tue 07-Dec-10 19:54:25

My husband bought a really nice coat today in Debenhams - Jeff Banks. He got a grey double breasted herringbone one (sorry not on website). It is smart but casual. He is tall and coats are a problem for him as he has a long body. This is mid-lenght and very nice. Was £135 but with 20% off.

They also had a nice pea coat for around the £100 mark. It was black though.

He also tried this one on in Jagear but it was too short in the body.

If he is tall I would maybe think mid-lenght then you know it will fit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: