Talk

Advanced search

Are shoe boots wrong for short people?

(12 Posts)
FiveOrangePips Mon 06-Dec-10 00:11:51

Like these

or these

and if not would heeled ankle boots also be wrong?

I am 5ft, would like something to wear with black tights/dresses.

swanker Mon 06-Dec-10 00:21:57

Shoe boots are wrong full stop!
Sorry...

FiveOrangePips Mon 06-Dec-10 10:20:30

Why are you sorry swanker, it is just your opinion... What do you like to wear with dresses? I am looking for inspiration - links too if possible.

Unprune Mon 06-Dec-10 10:24:37

I think it depends on the shape of your knees and ankles.
I have skinny ankles (and fat knock knees, there's a reason I don't wear skirts much!) so they are a no-no.
They look ok if all bits are in proportion.

StarlightPrincess Mon 06-Dec-10 11:44:55

They're wrong on big calves and cankles.

Meggles76 Mon 06-Dec-10 12:08:26

This is a tricky one. Am also 5ft and ankle boots with skinny jeans / leggings / tights are a definite no no for me.

However, I have this shoe/boot and think they look ok on me

www.clarks.co.uk/find/keyword-is-asha+spirit/produ ct-is-20341706

Smileypeeple Mon 06-Dec-10 12:17:23

I love shoe boots.

I'm 5ft 4", so neither tall nor short.

I think it's more dependent on your legs tbh than your height.

I like the firts ones you linkde to but not the second, they were a bit too much 17yr old out on the tiles for me-but I am old.

Smileypeeple Mon 06-Dec-10 12:19:47

Shoe boots remind me of a Ladybird book I had as a child 'the Elves and the Shoemaker' the shoes the elves made were shoe boots, in lovely colours and the softest leather naturally, but all the same I like the association...

Anyone else have that book?

mugggletoeandwine Mon 06-Dec-10 12:38:48

I wouldn't wear them, not because I'm quite short, but because I have small feet and they'd look like hooves.

happilyeverafter Mon 06-Dec-10 14:04:17

I think they suit most people, my very petite work collegue wore grey suede ones with a short dress for our Christmas party and they made her legs look much longer.

I have m&s ones which shape down the foot and faith ones which are cut straight at the top and the m&s are defo lengthen my legs more.

tulpe Mon 06-Dec-10 14:47:00

Smiley - I had the Ladybird Elves & the Shoemaker book!

I just bought a gorgeous pair of shoe boots from Autograph at m&s. Can't do links on this gadget, sorry. But they are a high heel with suede uppers. I have a touch of the cankle but these helped to elongate my legs because they are cut quite low on the foot rather than up around the ankle, iyswim.

FiveOrangePips Tue 07-Dec-10 10:46:17

These make me think of the Elves and the Shoemaker, here - maybe I am nostalgic for a childhood book?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now