Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

shoes for baby boy

(6 Posts)
Yogamummy1 Sun 05-Dec-10 19:06:43

Does anybody have any views on whether converse trainers are bad for kids feet? I bought a pair for my little boy (18 months) who is walking confidently. But i noticed he has indentation marks on his feet after he has worn them. So I have stopped him wearing them and now he just wears his clarks. But to be honest most clarks are not that cool and generally the shoes dont match all his tracksuit bottoms. So does anybody else have ideas on wether they think converse are any good? or other suggestions? I like camper but they are soo expensive!

baabaapinksheep Sun 05-Dec-10 19:14:21

Only shoes that come in different widths, and are fitted properly will be right. Other shoes may be ok, my DD had some boots from Next last winter, but they were a little wide for her feet.

I think its best to stick to shoes that are properly fitted to avoid damage to the feet, especially since they won't always tell you if they are uncomfortable.

HTH

baabaapinksheep Sun 05-Dec-10 19:15:11

whereabouts were the marks??

JustAnother Sun 05-Dec-10 21:00:13

converse won't offer his feet enough support, will they? I know Clarks are not cool but for the moment I would stick to them. Or Star Rite, Geox or any of those sturdy type shoe.

Firawla Sun 05-Dec-10 22:29:23

It depends on their feet shape, I could never put mine in converse or that style of shoe because they are very flat and dc have high instep so they just didn't suit, and weren't comfy for them. I would take him to clarks atleast to get him measured and find out what they tell you about his foot shape so you can try to find the right ones that will suit him whether u buy it from there or elsewhere, but if the converse are leaving a mark on his foot i think it can't really be good and @ 18 months his speech may not be strong enough to express if the shoes were uncomfy?

Yogamummy1 Mon 06-Dec-10 09:01:05

the marks were just under the laces. I did get his feet measured properly etc but its always difficult to tell until they start wearing them. Clarks it is!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: