Talk

Advanced search

Can you stretch ever-so-slightly-too-tight boots?

(8 Posts)
SevenAgainstThebes Sun 05-Dec-10 14:35:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyViper Sun 05-Dec-10 14:39:12

Leather will give, but if the boots or the lining are synthetic then they won't.

SevenAgainstThebes Sun 05-Dec-10 14:40:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Silkstalkings Sun 05-Dec-10 19:44:11

Try wearing megathick socks in them around the house. I am v lucky to have a mother with the same size feet who hates wearing heels outdoors but apparently loves parading around her house in mine to wear them in for mehmm.

DwpAnxt Sun 05-Dec-10 20:03:10

A friend used to be a manager of an old fashioned show shop and found this was a common problem.
He was taught to use the leather stretching machine kept in the back room for such occasions.He had some very satisfied customers

This wonderful machine was .................

the end of a sweeping brush handle . The nice rounded end that is grin

He held the brush tightly between his knees put the broom end against the part that was too tight and manipulated(think of buffing a toe cap) the shoe/boot until it seemed stretched enough.

The customer tried the footwear again in the shop and if it was still too tight he would 'put it through the machine' again.

Sometimes just for a laugh he would switch on the hoover while he was busy with the brush gringrin

Worth a go I should think.

Silkstalkings Sun 05-Dec-10 21:12:50

confused Eh? How do you reach the end of a broom when the brush end is between your knees?

lousouthend Sun 05-Dec-10 23:24:12

I asked a very similar question on mumsnet this time last year. Here are the responses I got
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/870618-Will- Doc-Martens-boots-stretch-AKA-Cinderella-problem

I tried the porridge oat one and it did work.

saw something in mag the other wek. Get a car jack, wrap a towel around it and put it into the boot, turn the handle until its pushing agianst the boot, then over next few days keep turning slightly.
HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now