Talk

Advanced search

Babyliss Big Hair

(19 Posts)
Rohey Sat 04-Dec-10 12:18:19

Is it worth it??

Have read rave reviews on Amazon & Boots website..

But I wont buy anything till I get the seal of approval from you all ;-0

I am fed up of straightning my hair and need some extra volume as my hair is thinning after after dc3...

Would it help???

TattytinsellooksDevine Sat 04-Dec-10 20:14:13

I've got one, and I think its great. I just do a few layers at each side and one at the back after my normal styling regime and it gives added root boost that I otherwise wouldn't have (which is fairly significant) and it does tend to lengthen the time in between hair washes too, I can get an extra day out of a hair wash now.

For less than £30 I think you should go for it.

Check out my original thread on them here

HowTheGrokeStoleChristmas Sat 04-Dec-10 20:23:35

Saw the Big Hair (round heated brush thingy?) advertised last night, I do like the look of it. Will watch this thread with interest.

AitchTwoOh Sat 04-Dec-10 20:27:13

OH MY GOD I HAVE JUST BOUGHT ONE!! absolutely BRILLIANT and my hair is in a layered bob, not even long.

oh and it's £39.95 from superdrug BUT if you spend £50 there at the moment they give you a token for a tenner to spend next week, useable on anything except formula (obv), gift cards and phone top-ups.

AitchTwoOh Sat 04-Dec-10 20:27:50

oh i am talking about the rotating one, btw. it's fantastic.

southeastastra Sat 04-Dec-10 20:42:01

oh might try this then, hate the straight hair look it's so boring. big hair belongs with the current 80s looks

mistletoeploppy Sat 04-Dec-10 20:50:17

OOh, I want one too. Is it bad to buy yourself a Christmas present?

TattytinsellooksDevine Sat 04-Dec-10 21:46:36

Oh sorry I might be talking about a different device! Shit something I haven't heard of - better check it out!!!

TattytinsellooksDevine Sat 04-Dec-10 21:48:45

Oh that thing. Right - I tried one once, its nothing I can't do with a hairdryer and round brush, but if your skills are lacking then go for it. (Sorry that sounds critical but doesn't mean to - you know what I mean!)

Took me years to get the technique with my round brushes but now I have I can do a blow dry that hairdressers can't match - takes frikking ages though.

FranSanDisco Sat 04-Dec-10 21:50:18

Mine was delivered yesterday and haven't tried it yet - it was £35.00 from Amazon btw. Did put it through ds's shortish hair and it made his hair 'hair bear bunch big' - hillarious. I'm going to try it tomorrow.

AitchTwoOh Sat 04-Dec-10 22:02:17

oh i definitely cannot blow dry my hair properly, not a chance. too boring. this is fast and easy.

mistletoeploppy Sat 04-Dec-10 22:08:25

I have just ordered one off Amazon blush

I really need to stop impulsively buying stuff that gets talked about on mumsnet....but my 'skills' are definitely lacking, so according to Tatty, I do need it grin

panettoinydog Sat 04-Dec-10 22:13:09

I hav ebeen looking ast this today. Interesting

FranSanDisco Sat 04-Dec-10 22:13:10

Too right you do, like myself grin.

panettoinydog Sat 04-Dec-10 22:13:38

lol @ skills. You watched Napoleon Dynamite?

mistletoeploppy Sat 04-Dec-10 22:16:19

Yeah, but I didn't pay attention! Explain...

panettoinydog Sat 04-Dec-10 22:20:14

'Skills' feature quite a bit in teh conversations between napoleon an d pedro... numchuk skills for example.

Napoleon is a bit depressed because he doesn;t have many skills

Rohey Mon 06-Dec-10 10:45:18

Thanks Ladies..

Took the plunge and ordered it. Should be with me on Thurs-Fri... In time for my party on Fri, fingers crossed xx

FellatioNelson Mon 06-Dec-10 10:46:15

I love mine, love love love love. You won't regret it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now