Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Help me with my make up - I never wear it usually and am going out tonight!

(5 Posts)
NotAnotherBrick Sat 04-Dec-10 10:36:44

I literally haven't a clue wrt putting on make up. I've tried looking for tutorials online but they all seem to involve spending a fortune on 20 different products sad

Can anyone help me find a really basic, pretty tutorial that doesn't use too many products? Or at least give me some tips?

RockChick1984 Sat 04-Dec-10 11:15:18

Go on you tube and search for easy natural make up, or pretty natural make up. Ignore the bits u don't want from the looks that come up, and use anything u already have that is similar. Alternatively, get showered etc, then go to a department store an ask one of the make up counters for advice, tell them you never really wear much make up and want help with what will suit you (don't say that u r goin out tonight!) and they will give u a freebie makeover, so u don't need to do anything yourself then just go home and get dressed 4 the evening! U don't have to buy anything they use, but normally they do such a lovely job that u will treat yourself to at least 1 product! Xxx

DrSpechemin Sat 04-Dec-10 11:19:12

have a look on bobbi browns website - I'm sure she does tutorials on there...

DrSpechemin Sat 04-Dec-10 11:20:11

here

NotAnotherBrick Sat 04-Dec-10 11:21:14

That's a good idea RockChick! Will see if I can fit that in...

Thanks for the link Dr Spechemin - will have a look at it now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: