Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Tall, flat leather boots??

(29 Posts)
wickedfairy Sat 04-Dec-10 09:51:24

Hi there,

Am looking for a pair of tall leather boots for my christmas, but unsure where to look (new baby and toddler, so can't get out to shops too often).

Would like a flat pair and ones that are fairly thinnish around the calf, as I am slim legged and don't want the boots flapping around my calf!

Can anyone help me find a pair please? Black/brown and max £150 probably. TIA

DTI10 Sat 04-Dec-10 10:06:54

wickedfairy

any good

None in my size!

DTI10 Sat 04-Dec-10 10:07:19

missed the ?!!

lousouthend Sat 04-Dec-10 11:20:46

I was doing the same search for me but as I was paying I needed cheap, but also wanted leather, flat, knee high. Anyway, if you are a 6 or under these might be OK and you could get yourself even more lovely pressies!

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_i_0?rh=k:gabo r+boots,i:shoes&keywords=gabor+boots&ie=UTF8&qid=1 291461545#/ref=sr_nr_p_n_target_audience__1?rh=k%3 Agabor+boots%2Cn%

saythatagain Sat 04-Dec-10 11:32:07

I was just about to start a thread about tall, flat boots! I like the look of the Dubarry-type boots but I'm not sure how tall they are (I want them to be upto just below my knee). I'm 5'11" and wide of calf. Hopefully someone will come along with just what I'm/we're looking for.

MadameCastafiore Sat 04-Dec-10 11:39:13

I have just got a brown pair and a black pair from Jones - they have quite a lot in there at the moment and some in their sale.

Have skinny legs so have to be careful but am always fine with Jones.

DTI10 Sat 04-Dec-10 11:53:34

MadameCastafiore

Which ones did you buy from Jones? I bought Tabitha2 (not flat though) in the sale, might be going back though.

They also have a suede flat long boot called Pasha in Black and Grey reduced, quite generous on the calf for lousouthend but £120...

saythatagain Sat 04-Dec-10 14:15:59

Are they long in the calf, these Jones boots?

DTI10 Sat 04-Dec-10 15:59:09

oop, sorry saythatagain - yes, quite long and slouchy in the calf.

lousouthend Sat 04-Dec-10 19:34:14

Sorry my last post was unclear! I meant you had to be a shoe size 6 or under-although these are listed as kids boots they go upto shoe size 6.5 and are very reasonable. www.amazon.co.uk/Gabor-Classic-17-322-71/dp/B003KT LQV0/ref=sr_1_4?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1291490594&sr= 1-4&searchContext=B003KRR55S,B003KRR4ZO,B003KRR4TK ,B003KTLQV0
As for dress size 6 being generous on the calf if only you could see me...more like cutting off circulation and inducing gangrene

dingdong3 Sat 04-Dec-10 19:37:59

Love love love the hobbs elastic side ones...few on this page in the outlet sale. Depends on size but they are lovely and tight around the legs.

Eglu Sat 04-Dec-10 19:43:35

lousouthend I really like those Gabor ones. I didn't know Gabor did kids boots.

They are the kind of style I have been looking for.

pinkhousesarebest Sat 04-Dec-10 21:27:36

After muchos researchos, I finally went for these. They are wonderful. Comfy, snowproof, waterproof. Plus really quick delivery.

Maryqueenofchocs Sat 04-Dec-10 21:34:47

I bought these about 6 weeks ago and I am in love with them...

jones bootmaker

saythatagain Sun 05-Dec-10 08:33:14

Mary - those were the ones I was taken with when I viewed the site. Does the top of the boot come high up your leg ie virtually touching your knee? They do look lovely.

CuddlyNotFat Sun 05-Dec-10 08:42:49

Google Duo boots (can't do links - must've been off school that day!) - -they do different calf sizes so the skinny and sporty of calf can both find lush boots!grin

Maryqueenofchocs Sun 05-Dec-10 09:39:17

saythatagain on me they just reach below my knee cap, you can wear them turned down though and then they will be lower...

They are not over the knee....on me.smile

They are tres tres gorgeous.

jewelsforxmasplease Sun 05-Dec-10 09:43:19

fly boots....sooo comfy and lots of colours to choose from

Ktay Sun 05-Dec-10 11:08:32

I got these Campers last year and have been very pleased with them - come in black or brown. I also have slim calves and they are better than many I tried on.

saythatagain Sun 05-Dec-10 11:15:19

Cudlynotfat - that website is fabulous.
Just about to order! Ta duck.

DonaAna Sun 05-Dec-10 11:49:49

Pinkhousesarebest, those boots look to die for and the price is right. Do you have skinny legs? I am just about to order them, too. How is the sizing? (Pretty desperate for something warm and waterproof - have been looking at rigger boots etc - but as a skinny-legged tall woman, don't think they will be a good solution.)

WildPansy Sun 05-Dec-10 11:59:23

I've also got slim calves and hate flapping boots. I got some from Dune which I love -- they have lots of flat styles. Mine are the 'Riley' ones.

pinkhousesarebest Sun 05-Dec-10 13:12:58

DonaAna, I know. I had wanted a pair of Penelope Chilvers boots, but they were out of my league completely. These are more or less the same, but a quarter of the price.

I do not have big calves, but skinny of leg I am unfortunately not. They are however definitely slim as I found them snug. Plus they have a buckle at the top. they are also very solid iykwim, so not at all the flapping type.

Ormirian Sun 05-Dec-10 13:22:08

I have some Doc Martins - style is MOnica I think. Very comfortable (of course), calf length. I think Dh paid about 80 for them.

DonaAna Sun 05-Dec-10 17:39:51

Pink, I ordered a pair. Let's hope for the best. Thanks again for the link, I've been looking for a long time for something like this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: