Talk

Advanced search

Would it be a disaster to wear tights underneath this dress?

(12 Posts)
SheWillBeLoved Fri 03-Dec-10 23:41:11

This dress

Black 300 denier tights I was thinking - they aren't woolly tights, just not at all see through.

I fecking hate my bare, pale flabby legs, and refuse to get them out. But would it look daft to wear black tights underneath a dress like this? Was thinking of teaming it with shoes like in the picture. Maybe a short sleeved cardigan too? Argh!

BranchingOut Fri 03-Dec-10 23:46:35

Not black, but maybe another colour?

Look at Jonathan Aston opaque tights on tightsplease website.

tethersjinglebellend Fri 03-Dec-10 23:46:44

yy to black tights, but a definite no to a black cardi.

How about this as a cover up?

canyou Fri 03-Dec-10 23:47:37

Maybe shiny 100 denier would be better not as thick would you wear shiny skin toned tights?
My main fear would be that the dark colour would show through the dress

SheWillBeLoved Fri 03-Dec-10 23:50:13

I thought the black cardy might be a bit too much too... maybe one in the same colour as the dress? Oh bollocks I'm shite at this styling business. I like the shrug, but I imagine it'd annoy me having to wear that for most of the day. This was going to be my Christmas day dress y'see, and as I don't do bare upper arms <boak> I'd like something that won't shed into peoples dinners grin

What colour would you go for BranchingOut? I tend to stick to black, hides a multitude of sins and my god my legs should be in Hell.

SheWillBeLoved Fri 03-Dec-10 23:52:18

Oh god, didn't think of a big black arse shining through the dress blush [hopeless emoticon]

I really hate my legs. Have recently lost a lot of weight, and haven't yet gotten round to toning up and my legs are definitely a problem area. Wouldn't flesh coloured tights just highlight every little dimple?

tethersjinglebellend Fri 03-Dec-10 23:59:56

If you don't do bare upper arms, don't buy a sleeveless dress!

I often wear pale dresses with black tights. Stick a slip under if you're worried.

Was it the colour of that dress you liked?

SheWillBeLoved Sat 04-Dec-10 00:06:35

Tether - grin obvious solution, but I haven't found any with sleeves that I like enough to buy.

It was the colour I think, it's also just a pretty dress. I'm trying to steer away from black/dark colours, but squeezing it in wherever I can!

Think I should go back to the drawing board. My norks are still quite ample, so I think a scoop/V neck would be much more forgiving. Pah

tethersjinglebellend Sat 04-Dec-10 00:11:15

What about this or this?

this is lovely. So is this

tethersjinglebellend Sat 04-Dec-10 00:14:04

Oh, bollocks to necklines. You have just lost weight, you wear whatever neckline you want.

I have enormous boobs but often wear high-necked stuff. It looks good. A thousand people will disagree, but some dresses tick all the 'flattering' boxes and yet still look like they were designed by Stevie Wonder.

missthing Sat 04-Dec-10 13:42:21

YY to coloured tights - how about an opaque dove grey w grey cardi to match, or opaque fuschia tights w a bright cardi?

youngblowfish Sat 04-Dec-10 14:23:36

As for tights, these are amazing. I know they are expensive, but they do exactly what they say on the tin and last 5 times longer than ordinary tights. Just stay away from velcro .

If you go for the colour called Cosmetic, nobody will realise you are wearing 40 den semi transparent tights, as the shade is so natural, even on very pale skin. They smooth out all the imperfections, I love them and blame them regularly for wanting to wear short dresses/skirts in the most inappropriate of weathers!

The dress is a sweet little number, I like it, and would probably wear it with a grey boyfriend blazer, if you are going for nude-look legs. Feminine, but with an androgynous edge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now