Talk

Advanced search

Help! Sizing on child'sCeltic Sheepskin boots - too tight? WWYD?

(8 Posts)
moonstorm Fri 03-Dec-10 21:44:44

I bought ds (3) some cs boots - added loads of waterproofing spray and his feet have been lovely and warm and dry in the snow...

When we got them they said they needed to be snug - they were over the top of his foot, but they are so soft I though they were ok. Today he said they are tight on his toes (loads of room on toes - he is size 6, sizes were 5/6 or 7/8, so I chose 7/8).

Will they settle (the shop say they need to be snug as the sheepskin squashes down when worn otherwise they'll be too big). But on growing feet?

Don't know what to do - cost aside, the only shoes I can try on in the shops are manmade fabrics - last year his feet were cold in these, this year they are warm - even at minus 10...

WWYD?? Thanks.

looseleaf Sat 04-Dec-10 09:44:12

i'd talk to the shop and explain he says they're too tight then follow their advice whether to persevere. But strikes me they must be a bit small if no room to grow? And that it'll be too late to exchange them presumably if they've been worn etc. so I do think you need to keep talking to the shop and say you were following their advice etc

Mumsnut Sat 04-Dec-10 13:30:54

Hold them up against his existing shoes - do they look the same length, or longer, do you think? Might give a clue as to whether you have a 'good' size.

I have CS boots for my dd and the fur does squash. Try putting them on without socks - then his toes will feel the wool, and the springiness of it, and he may 'get' what's going on rather than feeling crowded maybe.

thisisyesterday Sat 04-Dec-10 13:33:32

so it's over the top that they're tight? or on his toes?

i agree with the shop, it really does compress down. how many times has he worn them?

could it just be that they feel different to his previous shoes and that's why he is saying it?

moonstorm Sat 04-Dec-10 17:18:13

Hi

Thanks for the replies. It's over the top, there's plenty of room at the toes. He's only worn them about four times. There's plenty of 'ripple' over the top which is why I kept them.

I took them to a 'real' shop today and they thought theu were ok as they give and are so soft, so I feel happier. I think they just feel so much snugger than his other shoes - denim jeans compared to tracksuits, maybe.

How long do they take to compress down?

Thanks again. ps the protector spray they sell is great - I put loads on and his feet have been dry after playing out each time.

LeakMyWiki Sat 04-Dec-10 17:19:59

We have these and I thought exactly the same at first, v nearly sent them back, but then read the bumf that came with, checked room in toes, which was fine. We kept them and they are fine now - did the no socks for a bit thing,but now ok with.

thisisyesterday Sat 04-Dec-10 17:53:40

ds3 has some bearpaw ones and they've compressed down a lot, had them about a month or so i guess and he has worn them a LOT.
but they started getting a bit easier to put on after a couple of weeks i would say!

eeky Sat 04-Dec-10 22:00:52

I've bought some celtic sheepskin boots for dd (2.5) as the synthetic versions she had last year gave pretty poor support and weren't good in rain/snow. I also sized up to 7/8 (she is size 6.5 in shoes) and I can't get them on her. I've tried a few times and she hates it - got to the stage where she now cries when she sees them! Difficult to explain to her that they will be more comfortable when she has worn them half a dozen times. They still have the label on so I think will be sending them back - can't afford 45 quid for boots she can't get on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now