Talk

Advanced search

tinted moisturiser for a teen

(16 Posts)
ebonyfish Fri 03-Dec-10 13:38:04

Dd is badgering me for foundation which she really doesn't need. I need it! I know all about foundation, powder etc, but not about tinted moisturiser.

Can you recommend a budget one for teen skin - something light and invisible just to get her started?

TIA

klapaucius Fri 03-Dec-10 13:52:17

Laura Mercier (also comes in oil-free formula so would be good for teen skin), Lancome Hydra Zen tinted moisturizer or Chantecaille Just Skin (although the coverage is very sheer on that one).

SparklyJules Fri 03-Dec-10 13:53:43

Olay do a good one - I've got some on now! It's very sheer, light and easily absorbed with a nice fragrance. I didn't think I'd like it but I do (mum gave it to me!).

ebonyfish Fri 03-Dec-10 14:09:57

Okay, will look at the Olay. The others are probably good quality but a bit ££ for a teen who will only wear it on special occasions.

Any more suggestions please?

Menagerie Fri 03-Dec-10 14:13:35

Nivea do one. It's quite heavily tinted so it'll feel like real foundation when she puts it on but sinks in and moisturises well. Comes up quite pale, though so maybe choose one shade darker than you'd expect.

2madboys Fri 03-Dec-10 14:14:42

I use Boots Botanics

moragbellingham Fri 03-Dec-10 14:27:12

Tesco skin wisdom is really good or Boots No 7 (with the £5 off voucher) is a decent one.

ebonyfish Fri 03-Dec-10 14:42:01

Ooh, ta for the recommendations.

Don't know why a girl with lovely skin wants to cover it up at this stage [joining in with friends], but will buy her something!

blondiemermaid Fri 03-Dec-10 14:43:56

second the tesco skin wisdom one i use that rather than foundation

Celery Fri 03-Dec-10 17:08:27

Oh yes, the Nivea one is really quite good, and very cheap. Although maybe not if she has oily skin, like a lot of teenagers do.

twoboots Fri 03-Dec-10 17:21:48

elf
very cheap, though excellent quality i'm a massive fan, spf is a great bonus and there are lots of youtube videos pertaining to the brand.

LooL00 Fri 03-Dec-10 19:45:57

You could try one of the ones with luminescence(?). Simple do one that gives a bit of a glow and looks lovely and natural (but maybe that is not what your dd wants!)

Chants73 Fri 03-Dec-10 21:12:04

Soap and Glory do one called "glow job" which is good-it's abit odd though as you have to "burst" the balls of colour before putting it on your face but I like it

autodidact Fri 03-Dec-10 21:18:26

lol @ "glow job". Sorry but am imagining Beavis and Butthead sniggering sleazily!

Chants73 Fri 03-Dec-10 21:25:31

grin

ebonyfish Fri 03-Dec-10 22:50:58

Ooh, thanks for all your suggestions.

Dd prone to greasy skin so hope these will be appropriate. Trial and error I guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now