Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I have cosy, dry, comfy feet - hurrah !

(20 Posts)
CMOTdibbler Fri 03-Dec-10 12:06:00

I bought the Merrel Prevoz in black, and have been wearing them all week.

In Switzerland they laughed at -10' and snow, even though I only had tights on underneath. Today, they were lovely and grippy on the ice on our pavements.

I have wide feet and chunky calves, but the lacing adjusts perfectly for that, but they zip up, so no adjusting each time

Am a v happy bunny grin

ragged Fri 03-Dec-10 12:07:17

They jolly well ought to be wonderful for that kind of price ! grin

hobbittoes Fri 03-Dec-10 14:13:39

Me too! They're like little baby eskimo boots!

FiveOrangePips Fri 03-Dec-10 16:04:08

I like them, they look very toasty.

Hobbittoes, how are you finding the fit of the puffin frost? I am thinking of buying them, just haven't got round to it yet.

LetThemEatCake Fri 03-Dec-10 16:53:23

these have been linked to on another thread....

LetThemEatCake Fri 03-Dec-10 16:53:52

ooops, sorry wrong thread. blush

hobbittoes Fri 03-Dec-10 17:11:37

Pips my foot is 4.5 so bought 5's to be sure - wore them today with 1 pair of thin and 1 pair of thick socks - felt a little bit of slippage at the heel, just right at the toe. They were v warm,v comfy, dry and less slippy than any other shoes I own....kind of shorter in height in RL than they look. I love them already and think they will mould to my foot a bit. Will try with 2 x thick socks tomorrow.

FiveOrangePips Fri 03-Dec-10 17:25:01

I have the same size 4.5, it is tricky, the boots I have just now are a 5 and they slip, but I wouldn't want them to be too tight... Still sounds like you are happy with them.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 03-Dec-10 17:30:58

My Merrel Yarras came today, oh they are so lovely!

I bought a half-size upfrom usual and they fit really well.

hobbittoes Fri 03-Dec-10 17:31:25

Just a litle bit of sockage tweeking required grin...........would like to try the 4's in RL though.........quite fancy the brown.....

ImeldaM Fri 03-Dec-10 17:36:09

They're lovely & look v cosy. I got some waterproof leather Ecco boots but don't want to wear them in all this snow as don't want them yukky & marked with salt [fbush], am praying weather gets warmer, rain would be fine!

ImeldaM Fri 03-Dec-10 17:37:04

Oops was meant to be blush not [fbush]!

Adair Fri 03-Dec-10 17:38:25

Ahhh, I could have started this thread... never had such perfectly practical and fab boots! Warm and dry feet, no slipping in the ice, and can get them on easily... Oh yeah, they look chunkily good too.

(though mine are syntheticky and fake fur snowboots and cost me £18 from the High St... grin)

Pinkflipflop Fri 03-Dec-10 17:38:51

I also have the Merrell Yarras (early xmas pressie from my mum] and I love love love them.

A stylish alternative to Uggs that actually support your feet and ankles.

Warm and toasty out in playground snow!!

Toughasoldboots Fri 03-Dec-10 17:45:34

I have got the merrell puffin- they are lovely and warm and fit around my little tree trunk legs.

ssd Fri 03-Dec-10 18:08:28

adair. please tell me where you got yours , your budget sounds more like mine!

alittlebitshy Fri 03-Dec-10 18:30:52

OOH toughas do they really fit chunky legs?
I love the look of them but when i went in to a shop to buy wellies - wellies ffs the lady had the pull them off my fat legs and it felt like the circulation was being cut off blush.

alittlebitshy Fri 03-Dec-10 18:32:06

oh and how high up the leg do they come? (puffins)

Adair Fri 03-Dec-10 18:32:52

grin I know, am well smug. And it means I am not worried about trashing them either.

They were from Risky on the High Street - I suspect many cheap shoe shops would have something similar, was v doubtful they would actually be waterproof but they are great. And light too. I just had to bite the bullet and go and try loads on (our local shopping centre/market is great for cheap stuff - not so good for luxury/quality).

Toughasoldboots Fri 03-Dec-10 18:33:55

They only come up to upper shin ( that make sense?) and no fear- if they fit my chunkers, they will fit anyone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: