Talk

Advanced search

French knickers

(12 Posts)
glovesoflove Thu 02-Dec-10 13:24:42

Does anyone know where I could buy nice French knickers? Not see-through, not nylon and not teeny tiny hipster things, proper old fashioned ones that fit at the waist and flare out.
In the past I have bought them in M&S and BHS but haven't been able to find any for a few years now.

ricketyrock Thu 02-Dec-10 13:53:39

I don't know but if you find some let me know. Knickers are the bane of my life. I cannot understand why people buy nylon knickers and how hard is it to make silk knickers? There is enough silk on the high street in the form of tops/ dresses etc.

As you said, the only place I ever find them is sometimes in M&S. Usuallly randomly in the sale and never seen before that. Sometimes TK maxx have nice knickers. Thats it!

glovesoflove Thu 02-Dec-10 14:08:14

I thought the vintage boom might mean they were easily obtainable online but no, unless you want seethrough or to pay £££ for silk - £33 is a bit beyond my budget for knickers! I suppose people don't wear skirts/dresses so much anymore.
On the plus side, I have found Debenhams have excellent slips and half slips in a nice non-static material, if you wear them.

SlowComfortableShrew Thu 02-Dec-10 14:28:17

do they hve them in monsoon lingerie?

glovesoflove Thu 02-Dec-10 14:37:54

No sad

I am coveting some of the nightwear now I've looked at the website though...

glovesoflove Thu 02-Dec-10 14:44:26

Nothing on Debenhams website but if you have a flattish tummy the B by Ted Baker range has some very pretty little floaty shorts which might do? I'm too fat for them though biscuit

Havingkittens Thu 02-Dec-10 15:10:46

Quite pricey for every day but lovely nonetheless

www.sophistikitten.net/lingerie

electra Thu 02-Dec-10 15:17:05

Freya do them sometimes and I've also seen the kind you describe in some of Elle Mcpherson's ranges. I haven't looked but Bravissimo might do them as I've notice their knickers often have more coverage in some of their ranges.

ricketyrock Thu 02-Dec-10 19:41:07

those sophiskitten ones could be so good but they are polyester..why polyester. Obviously I know that it's cheap but am I the only person who hates polyester pants?Actually I hate all man made fibres

Havingkittens Thu 02-Dec-10 20:06:06

If you contact the girl that runs Sophistikitten she might be happy to make you some in silk.

ricketyrock Thu 02-Dec-10 21:37:24

actually i just scrolled down and saw they do silk as well

glovesoflove Fri 03-Dec-10 12:53:50

They're lovely, but way too expensive for me sadly, I could go to £10 a pair tops. Might have to splash out and then just stick to my M&S big pants the rest of the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now