Talk

Advanced search

Full length padded coat recommendations

(21 Posts)
Zone2mum Thu 02-Dec-10 12:26:46

I am looking for a full length, hooded padded/quilted coat - pref black or dark brown for myself, that isn't too Michelin mannish (I am short, but v v cold.)I keep seeing women in lovely looking coats on the tube but daren't ask them where they are from for fear of sounding like a weird-stalker-tube-person. Any recommendations v v much appreciated.

dexter73 Thu 02-Dec-10 13:11:36

I think everywhere has sold out!

dexter73 Thu 02-Dec-10 13:14:36

Lands' End

dingdong3 Thu 02-Dec-10 13:18:09

Saw this one on Amazon just now....only left in 14 and 16 though

minko Thu 02-Dec-10 13:19:48

Zara have a couple of nice ones...

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Thu 02-Dec-10 13:20:56

Uniqlo? Although I think they come to the knees, rather than full length, so perhaps not what you're looking for.

imopop Thu 02-Dec-10 13:35:41

No hood ,however totally toasty, black down coat from Aigle sorry cant do links...blush

JintyMcGinty Thu 02-Dec-10 13:38:44

I love my 3/4 length North Face one! It's black and I bought it last year and lived in it. I am only 5ft1, and it is not too Michellin man like - it does give you a waist (or would if I wasn't pregnant)

paddingtonbear1 Thu 02-Dec-10 13:59:02

Jinty which North Face one do you have? I'm only 5ft and the longer ones can be a bit too long on me.

deaddei Thu 02-Dec-10 15:19:33

I have just bought a kneelength Berghous fitted down coat- £150.

Cyb Thu 02-Dec-10 15:32:02

Hi dead hows it hanging? Enjoying the snow in Kingston?!

Zone2mum Thu 02-Dec-10 16:16:44

thanks for tips, am investigating further. Have usually avoided bulky clothes like the plague as am 5 ft 2 but these coats look so nice and cosy

Mumsnut Thu 02-Dec-10 18:29:30

bet Kingston is heavinggggggg

WhatsWrongWithYou Thu 02-Dec-10 18:40:15

A few here - I'm considering the Patagonia (£££ but doesn't look too bulky). Scroll down the page.

Littleblackcat Thu 02-Dec-10 22:13:08

I have just bought the Patagonia down with it parka. I wore it on school run yesterday with just a t shirt underneath and was very snuggly. They have it in stock with shoponthebeach for £160. I paid £170 for it last week bugger it! It isn't bulky at all either.

kylesmybaby Thu 02-Dec-10 22:19:54

i kept seeing people with nice ones as well especially with the belt. im only 5ft so didnt want it to look like a duvet.

finally bought one from zara but the zips got stuck and the belt keeps opening. ohh and its not warm at all. must take it back before its too late.

i should have paid a bit extra and got a lands end one before they sold out.

WhatsWrongWithYou Thu 02-Dec-10 23:29:02

Ooh tell me more about the Patagonia. There's also the Fiona which comes in purple I think.

I tried an Armani one in a boutique today (they looked me up and down and went hmm - was £365. Can't find a link, but it was gorgeous.

LetThemEatCake Fri 03-Dec-10 00:19:07

<<hijacks to wave to WWWY.>>
Saw an original Biba the other day and thought of you smile. Am looking fwd to wearing my sequins for my birthday drinks.

WhatsWrongWithYou Fri 03-Dec-10 09:16:15

<< waves back >> Wow - an original Biba!

< boggles with envy at a life which includes the spotting of Biba originals >

I chickened out of the sequins in the end; there really isn't anywhere in my country bumpkin existence I could justify buying it for. Last sequinned dress I had, I wore it to a party at a 'country club,' which turned out to be a pub in Cheltenham town centre with a sign outside proudly proclaiming 'all major sports events televised here.' The shame.

Glad to hear they're twinkling somewhere, though.

Rassy Fri 03-Dec-10 11:37:40

I bought this www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/uk/ en/zara-sales/11015/12702/NYLON%2BANORAKfrom Zara and it is fab - so cosy and waterproof. I'm 5ft 3, so it is a bit longer on me than in the photo but still looks good. Have also had quite a few people saying how nice it is as well!

JintyMcGinty Fri 03-Dec-10 15:24:41

paddingtonbear1 - sorry for delay in responding.

Mine was the Metropolis coat. the small fitted me, except it was a tad long in the sleeves. Here is the link

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now