Talk

Advanced search

Apres ski

(8 Posts)
veryjellybelly Thu 02-Dec-10 10:36:45

Hi,

My lovely DH has surprised me by booking a last minute skiing holiday at Christmas! I haven't been for many years and am completely out of touch with the dress code for dinner etc.

It's a nice looking 4 star hotel - don't want to dress down too much (I suspect no jeans) but don't want to look overdressed either.

Can anyone help? smile

VivaLeBeaver Thu 02-Dec-10 10:38:19

which hotel/company?

I ski every year, normally stop in chalets but 2 years ago stopped in a swanky 4*/5* hotel and everyone still wore jeans for dinner. Apart from one lady who wore little black dresses and heels every night and stuck out like a sore thumb.

veryjellybelly Thu 02-Dec-10 10:54:16

Hi Viva,

We're off to the Silberhorn in Wengen....would love to wear jeans each night if that was possible!

VivaLeBeaver Thu 02-Dec-10 12:34:34

Never been there but have googled, Inghams go there and on their website it says dress code is casual. I'd put Inghams on a par with Mark Warner and people wear jeans in Mark Warner hotels for dinner. Think you'd be fine.

veryjellybelly Thu 02-Dec-10 12:50:44

Viva,

You've made my day! smile

orienteerer Thu 02-Dec-10 12:51:46

Jeans will be fine.

tulpe Thu 02-Dec-10 14:41:16

Agree that Inghams/Mark Warner/Esprit all similar type hols. We go to Esprit 5 star hotel and jeans or leggings and jumper dresses are my choice of apres ski wear.

WikiFreak Thu 02-Dec-10 14:42:19

lol at 5 star

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now