Talk

Advanced search

Half price Oushka Oakley

(14 Posts)
Winetimeisfinetime Wed 01-Dec-10 20:30:04

here in aubergine.
I bought the Oakley in grey last year and can confirm that it is a very nice bag and a bargain at half price.

Wondering how sensible it would be to have the same bag in two different colours as I really like the aubergine grin

carciofi Wed 01-Dec-10 21:38:18

It is a lovely bag and great colour. I think you should get it!

LetThemEatCake Wed 01-Dec-10 21:43:26

yep, I have the grey and dh somehow ended up buying me the purple last year.

I will not divulge whether or not I kept both, don't want to influence you either way. `Will only say - what a great bag smile

Winetimeisfinetime Wed 01-Dec-10 22:27:00

I bought my grey bag on your recommendation, LTEC. I think several of us did, you should have been on commission for Oushka last year.

Thanks for the encouragement, both of you, not that I need any where buying bags is concerned and I have now ordered the purple, just to have a look at you understand. grin

LetThemEatCake Wed 01-Dec-10 22:40:51

hurrah!!

on both counts smile

my grey one now boasts some fairy tattoos but looks none the worse for that

selby Wed 01-Dec-10 22:53:35

Very tempting but practical me is screaming "But it's sueude! - It'll get ruined by the rain & wind..."

LetThemEatCake Wed 01-Dec-10 23:08:57

mine hasn't ... and I really sling it about, have 3 dc aged 4 and under so constantly at park and doing grotty things ...

'tis very hardy!!

DirtyMartini Wed 01-Dec-10 23:15:06

I have one Oushka bag, the Duke (bought online in last sale), and it has been a bit of a disappointment tbh. It always makes me feel as if I'm carrying a bag from five years ago, even though it's just from last year. Something about the shape and functionality just don't really measure up.

I quite like the look of the Oakley -- and the Luca, too (also half price). Worried that I'll find them a letdown as well, though.

Tell me why the Oakley is good, please? Facts will help clarify my thinking.

DirtyMartini Wed 01-Dec-10 23:16:30

Oh, and it falls off my shoulder. I hate that.

I have bought both the Oakley and the Luca in chocolate in the sale, one is going back. I like Oushka bags and have 2 already both in good nick despite being dragged around. Tbh from the photo of the girl it looks less aubergine colour and more royal purple.

Litchick Thu 02-Dec-10 08:55:47

Dammit.

Went to buy the aubergine one at such an excellent price...ended up buying a full price bag too.

Still, better than two full price bags, no?

Mumsnut Thu 02-Dec-10 09:02:30

Did you proof it LTEC (mine's on the way!)

LetThemEatCake Fri 03-Dec-10 00:17:50

do you mean like with that spray stuff Mumsnut? no, I am bit rubbish at stuff like that. Which have you ordered?

dirty - roomy, but not so big that it's like the Bermuda Triangle for keys and mobiles, can be worn over arm or shoulder even with bulky layers on, lots of compartments, happy, feel-good lining, sturdy, stylish without being poncey. Removable tassles very good for tickling grizzly babies in s'mkt queues. Good price, seem a nice company, very helpful and amenable.

um, I think that's it

Mumsnut Fri 03-Dec-10 08:42:27

Purple Oakley, Cake - I hope it is a zingy purple. Need the brown Molly for my mother if it ever comes back into stock.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now