Talk

Advanced search

Difference between uggs and emus?

(8 Posts)
peppapighastakenovermylife Wed 01-Dec-10 16:24:48

Are Uggs worth the extra money? That's it really grin

Meggles76 Wed 01-Dec-10 20:26:36

IMO not. Although, I am sure there will be others that disagree. Really you are paying for the brand. I have ugg type boots from Just Sheepskin which were £95 - they have been just as warm and worn just as well as uggs

HotchpotchHoney Wed 01-Dec-10 21:03:54

I can only answer from a Childs uggs v emu point of view. Dd1 has emu tall boots and ugg kensingtons. The uggs seem a bit more waterproof but the emu have better soles and haven't yet turned over on the heel like the uggs.
I have ugg roslyns but only because I wanted ankle length with a zip. All in all I would say the emu are much better value for money and ugg part of the cost is for the label.

geordieminx Wed 01-Dec-10 21:09:05

I bought emu's in new york last year and they have lasted really well, haven't turned over and have wiped up nicely.

monkeysmama Wed 01-Dec-10 21:33:53

I've got both and probably prefer the Emus. The shape around the ankle is less baggy imo but much of a muchness really.

peppapighastakenovermylife Wed 01-Dec-10 21:44:27

Ooh thank you. Just got a pair of tall chocolate brown emu's for around £105 after discount and cashback smile

rubbersoles.co.uk - discount code of 25% (winter25) if anyone is interested

dingdong3 Thu 02-Dec-10 00:01:40

Am so tempted....another option is Natureshop where they are 101 with free returns until tomorrow (with a code of LFA15 at checkout)

Decisions, decisions....

peppapighastakenovermylife Thu 02-Dec-10 07:52:14

Think of your toes wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now