Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

my feet are sooo cold blast this snow! opinions on these boots to keep them warm and dry please

(11 Posts)
mothersmilk Wed 01-Dec-10 14:43:25

1. www.purekit.com/src/aw/columbia-ez-does-it-boot-pr od31510/

2. www.purekit.com/src/aw/columbia-snowfall-omni-heat -boot-prod31509/

im contimplating getting them today so opinions would be greatly apprieciated thankyou smile

megonthemoon Wed 01-Dec-10 15:32:45

I'm looking too. Suddenly realised it's stupid not to have them as they should last years and keep me very toasty!

I've found these which are similar

http://www.snowandrock.com/calzat-women%27s-fur-tr im-boot-brown//ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/fcp-pr oduct/1159

I like the look of the first pair you posted.

megonthemoon Wed 01-Dec-10 15:33:14

Sorry forgot to create a link

mothersmilk Wed 01-Dec-10 15:46:34

can see the link but the same sight has these www.snowandrock.com/sorel-women's-joan-of-arctic-b oot-suede/snow-boots/ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/ fcp-product/15198 they are very nice well i like anyway unfortunately they are £40 over my budget sad

mathanxiety Wed 01-Dec-10 15:57:50

Not as pretty as the Columbia boots, but this is the one I would pick. It's a slip-on, not leather or suede, and has great traction. The rip cord means you can adjust it for tightness, and keep your gloves on too. There's nothing as annoying as trying to deal with laces in the snow (taking off gloves, fumbling with wet/frozen laces, getting your fingers cold and wet) and the tongue of a laced boot needs to be attached or the odd bit of snow can get in. The synthetic construction dries out faster, needs no care, and won't crack or stiffen when winter is over.

trumpton Wed 01-Dec-10 16:02:55

Having slithered and slid I bought these today. Zip on side so no doing laces. I have just been and got grit for local pavements and didn't fall once. Maybe they are bit hiking boot-like but v suitable for where i live. ( and maybe I shouldn't be posting on Style and Beauty grin)

GrimmaTheNome Wed 01-Dec-10 16:14:36

I got some boots from Trespass, but they don't seem to be online - have a front zip (but with full gusset job so can't leak) and toggle at top.
Got them a size bigger than I usually take so I can wear walking socks inside and still get them on and off really easily.

Not pretty but not quite as heavy-looking as that other pair, and seem very practical.

mothersmilk Thu 02-Dec-10 13:24:05

i need to make a decission now!! have just got back from taking dd to school my feet are numb. But i cant cant decide some one do it for me?

mothersmilk Thu 02-Dec-10 13:26:59

it between number 1 and these www.snowandrock.com/sorel-women's-joan-of-arctic-b oot-suede/snow-boots/ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/ fcp-product/15198 my only issue is which will keep my feet the warmest and dryest and will they be worth the money also need to not date as i dont intend to buy a new pair every year smile

verytellytubby Thu 02-Dec-10 14:05:02

Prefer number 1.

AgentProvocateur Thu 02-Dec-10 15:04:15

Number 1 seem to be sold out in very size, and number 2 in most sizes. (Although, for the record, I prefer number 1)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: