Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Where can I get vintage buttons from?

(7 Posts)
Maryqueenofchocs Wed 01-Dec-10 13:45:07

I've been given a vintage navy velvet jacket and I want to change the buttons as they are gopping! I cannot find anywhere online which sells vintage buttons......

Any suggestions ladies?

KurriKurri Wed 01-Dec-10 14:17:39

A few sites come up if you put vintage buttons UK into google, also vintage clothing sites sometimes have accessories sections and have buttons, buckles etc.

e-bay is worth a try - they usually have some.

Other wise try charity shops/ or house clearance stores (if you have one near you) - they quite often have tins of old buttons. Or you might see another vintage garment you could use the buttons from.

Silkstalkings Wed 01-Dec-10 14:20:30

Ask on your local Freecycle board.
Find local craft clubs (try on FB) and ask.
Ask friends with older relatives. Most women over 50 have a button box (great fun to sift through).

countryhousehotel Wed 01-Dec-10 14:23:03

this place is in oxford, not sure if you can buy online.

darnitandstitch.com

vintageteacups Wed 01-Dec-10 14:23:32

have a look on the oxfam site second hand bit.
They have a section on bits and pieces like buttons etc

everythingiseverything Wed 01-Dec-10 14:31:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Havingkittens Wed 01-Dec-10 20:46:09

I was going to suggest etsy too. I've also got quite a few lovely vintage buttons from ebay.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: