Talk

Advanced search

Childrens snow boots ?

(19 Posts)
smilesandsun Wed 01-Dec-10 11:19:18

Hi I'm looking to buy my first pair of snow boots for my daughter. Any recommendations on where I should be looking and what are good quality?

Thx

LIZS Wed 01-Dec-10 18:13:39

How old ? If under 5 I'd recommend having either velcro fastenings or laces up the front to secure it otherwise she'll struggle to walk without intoeing. Also a light waterproof fabric/goretex and flexible sole.

moragbellingham Wed 01-Dec-10 22:41:49

I can't find a single pair!!!!!
Don't want to spend a fortune as I have to buy 2 pairs the same size.

eshermummy Wed 01-Dec-10 22:59:05

I had real problems finding some for my dds.
For dd1 i bought some joules carrick yard boots (they were reduced on ASOS but not sure if any left).
For dd2 I got some peppa pig snowboots from Asda, think they are showing as sold out now online but they may still have some instore.

Otherwise I saw a toddler with some nice ones from jojo maman bebe and a mum at school said she had got her (older school age) dds kitted out in Milletts boots.

Good luck, Next had some nice ones but again sold out online. if you ring they may be able to locate you some - I am in SE and apparently there were none in a 50 mile radius but maybe if you are elsewhere in the country?

moragbellingham Wed 01-Dec-10 23:32:19

Nope, in Next I asked them to try the whole country.
Peppa was in stock this morning and gone this afternoon.

I've placed an order with Amazon but they're not in stock and I'll be notified when they come in (hopefully not 2011)

coolascucumber Wed 01-Dec-10 23:35:32

Have you got a Decathlon near you?

moragbellingham Wed 01-Dec-10 23:42:34

No,sadly not.
Lots of horsey shops so I might look for some yard boots now.

moragbellingham Wed 01-Dec-10 23:43:17

Ooops, I'm not the OPblush

LIZS Thu 02-Dec-10 07:55:32

Just ordered ds a pair of these. Hope he'll get more than one season out of them and then maybe I could wear them !

Mumsnut Thu 02-Dec-10 09:01:08

Muddy Puddles?

Russell & bromley pricey but good

sazm Thu 02-Dec-10 09:12:28

m and m direct have lots in their catalogue,trespass ones,not sure what sizes are in stock though x

kveta Thu 02-Dec-10 11:54:09

I've just ordered some from muddy puddles, hope they are ok!

LIZS Thu 02-Dec-10 14:33:14

ds' order was despatched this morning !

moragbellingham Thu 02-Dec-10 17:13:03

Esher, I will always think of you when I see my girls wearing their pink and white plastic,glittery,fluffy Asda bootsgrin.
I went into a store today and they had about 4 pairs left - hurrah!
And, of course they love them.

moragbellingham Thu 02-Dec-10 17:15:50

Have just looked at my Amazon order and the estimated delivery was after 25th of December (very festive date). So not far off my guess of 2011 in the end!!

FritziGreenEyes Thu 02-Dec-10 19:02:02

Got DD a pair from Landsend. Here

eshermummy Thu 02-Dec-10 19:12:54

Fantastic, so after all my efforts spent linking to gorgeous items on NAP, My Wardrobe and the like and the sum total of things that I will be remembered for on S&B is Peppa Pig snowboots from blardy Asda!

(Glad your dds like them though Morag smile)

moragbellingham Fri 03-Dec-10 11:12:19

DH won't let me take the labels off the boots yet - he keeps saying that mummy is still deciding whether to keep them!
Esher - It won't come back to haunt you....ever....honestlysmile

moragbellingham Fri 03-Dec-10 11:16:43

I did look at the LE ones but they're too big for DDs feet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now