Talk

Advanced search

Deodorant that works...

(15 Posts)
DorisH Tue 30-Nov-10 23:21:01

Any other pongy MN-ers out there? Is there a deodorant that Actually Works? My dd said to me today, 'You smell like [ds]'s smelly armpits.' Ouch.

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 30-Nov-10 23:22:10

boots expert anti perspirant

obv wash daily

tulpe Tue 30-Nov-10 23:23:05

Mitchum is fantastic stuff. When pregnant my body seems to go into overdrive on the sweat production front and tis the only product which copes

DorisH Tue 30-Nov-10 23:25:57

Mitchum sadly not up to the task.

Yes, I do wash smile

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 30-Nov-10 23:43:27

have you spoken to your GP about hyperhidrosis?

Rannaldini Tue 30-Nov-10 23:51:14

deo or antiperspirant or both?

twoboots Wed 01-Dec-10 09:22:27

driclor

meep Wed 01-Dec-10 09:25:09

Mitchum - but has to be the rollon
If not Driclor though it makes my armpits itch!

GraceK Wed 01-Dec-10 09:32:09

Pitrok W1060 Push-Up Crystal Deodorant - it's a lump of Ammonium alum which you wet & rub on. Seems quite expensive up front but DH & I have been sharing one for over a year & there's still plenty left. Found ours in Waitrose

justkeepgoing Wed 01-Dec-10 09:54:07

If the cause of the problem is excessive sweating you can get minute injections of botox into the skin under your arms - it freezes the muscle working the sweat glands and stops sweating completely, works for 9-12 months. Surprisingly not painful.

Aluminium deodorants work better than most, but are often very irritating to the skin

TheMoreItSnows Wed 01-Dec-10 09:55:40

Driclor everytime, but treat with care - don't shave for a couple of days before you put it on, make sure your pits are dry before you put it on and only apply it once, then wait until applying it again until you feel the sweating coming back - not the 'every night for X amount of days' that they recommend on the back of the packet....

moragbellingham Wed 01-Dec-10 10:24:32

I started using Sure (the expensive one at £5) after a recommendation on here. I previously used Mitchum and thought that was good but this really is excellent and worth a fiver.

I used to use Driclor which was also excellent but stopped during pregnancies as I was a bit wary.

SiriusStar Wed 01-Dec-10 10:31:28

I tried driclor but it stung.
I used Mitchum for a while but now use Dove in a box, similar to Sure. About £5 as well.
It is the best I have used.

DorisH Wed 01-Dec-10 21:29:36

Thanks. Will investigate. Pitrok type stuff not up to my level of pong.

For the sake of my anonymous pride, must point out that the comment from dd came after she was nestled very close to my pits, before I'd showered that morning... Still, I don't like to think of dh secretly holding his nose -- so driclor it is...

kuckingfunt Wed 01-Dec-10 22:00:40

Driclor absolutely murders my armpits, stings like hell.
I used to like Mitchum but it doesn't work anymore and also irritates a bit.
I now use the Sure Maximum Protection, its about £5 but it is the best one I have ever used. Be careful though, it leaves white marks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now