Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

stylish winter boots for 25 yr old

(11 Posts)
lilly153 Tue 30-Nov-10 20:39:29

want some winter boots that i can wear with jeans
any ideas? i am really fussy but want something stylish young and trendy preferibly black or darkish

ameliameerkat Tue 30-Nov-10 20:45:15

I just ordered these www.schuh.co.uk/womens-brown-caterpillar-anna/1537 006010 in black from brandshop.co.uk. I would have preferred the brown, but the black ones were £26 cheaper!

I got these for walking on snow/ice though. If you want fair weather trendy boots with proper heels, then these probably aren't what you're looking for!

roastedfox Tue 30-Nov-10 20:49:40

i LOVE these and am currently saving my pennies for them www.cloggs.co.uk/invt/80694702/

littleducks Tue 30-Nov-10 20:51:23

I tried on the ones in the link above but found them too hard and tight on my toes (which was a real shame as they were lovely, especially the fluffy lining)

I bought these www.johnlewis.com/125832/Style.aspx instead

dontrunwithscissors Tue 30-Nov-10 21:11:34

Just curious, littleducks, are they waterproof suede? Otherwise they don't seem to be the greatest winter boots in the world. (Not meaning to be snarky there, it's just that they're lovely but I'd fear they'd be ruined in no time. Then again, I live in Scotland so perhaps that's the difference....)

BCBG Tue 30-Nov-10 21:29:59

Can all you avid ladies tell me what you think of these boots please? They are waterproof but I don't know the make? Thanks!

dontrunwithscissors Tue 30-Nov-10 21:36:36

Merrell are a v. good make. BTW, I really don't belong on this thread as I'm 10 years beyond 25.....However, I've linked to some winter boots I've found in my "Please tell me what you think of these winter boots" thread down page. (I'm looking for some seriously waterproof/warm boots to deal with N. Scotland winters.)

littleducks Tue 30-Nov-10 21:40:34

I'd prob nick-wax them if wearing in really wet all the time, i think they are supposed to be water resistant rather than proof, are made of leather with a sueded effect and lined in water resistant polartec fleece as explained in this blog with more info about the boots than you would ever want

dontrunwithscissors Tue 30-Nov-10 21:45:54

Thanks littleducks (I just stumbled upon that blog today - great site.) They're probably not practical enough for what I want - a great shame.

BCBG Tue 30-Nov-10 22:07:05

Dontrun.... I'm 50 blush

dontrunwithscissors Tue 30-Nov-10 22:36:49

Ah, it was just the thread title about boots for a stylish 25 year old - I couldn't lay claim to either of those descriptions.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: