Talk

Advanced search

Luscious Lippy

(4 Posts)
Ooopsadaisy Tue 30-Nov-10 17:05:25

You would think that by the ripe old age of 42 I would have worked this out for myself but I haven't.

How do you know what shade of lipstick suits you?

I am white British with typical British skin, ie, I tan easily in summer and look crap and blotchy in the winter.

My hair is choppy short and a mad red colour.

My face is very slim but my chin is a bit long.

I wear mainly bold colours and big, mad jewellery.

My teeth are the unfortunate bit. They are very strong healthy teeth but are on the yellow side. There is nothing wrong with them but I am conscious of them. If I was younger and could afford it I would probably have them whitened.

Can anyone help with lippy colours??????? I would like to treat myself.

Gillybobs Tue 30-Nov-10 17:11:34

My teeth arent as white as Id like and I find anything with even the slightest orangey tone makes them look horrible! I stick to brownish nude colours or brick reds and find it makes all the difference : )

Ooopsadaisy Tue 30-Nov-10 17:17:55

Ok - not orange then. Thanks Gilly.

I like the look of a lot of the bold purples that are around. Will they be good or bad?

I wondered if the glittery look ones who reflect light away from my teeth - or am I over-thinking too much about this?

Gillybobs Tue 30-Nov-10 19:57:12

Purple would probably be good, its more of a blueish undertone so should look nice. Just wondering if it might clash with red hair tho? Now Im overthinking : )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now