Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Hair straighteners for teenage dd

(10 Posts)
Decorhate Tue 30-Nov-10 17:01:57

DD would like some hair straighteners for Christmas. As these may be a gift from her aunts they can't be too expensive - so say up to £30. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks

BunnyLebowski Tue 30-Nov-10 17:03:32

These are pretty effective for the price. They heat up quickly and managed to sort my very thick hair.

And mine lasted for 5 years before DP treated me to a pair of GHDs last xmas!

Decorhate Tue 30-Nov-10 17:07:21

They are very reasonable. Thanks!

I think she would love GHDs but it ain't happening!

Her hair is pretty straight anyway so I'm not even convinced she needs some!

Anyone else? If anyone can recommend any of those on the Tesco Direct website even better - then I can use my clubcard points to get them...

lilly153 Tue 30-Nov-10 18:49:12

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-9811.aspx

i just got these last month after my ghd's broke and couldnt afford another pair my hair is really thick and frizzy and these work just as good if not better than my ghd's

Decorhate Wed 01-Dec-10 07:26:41

That link doesn't work Lilly - what brand are they?

lilly153 Wed 01-Dec-10 22:18:40

sorry bout that works on my computer fine confused

Remington S1005 Straightener search that on tesco direct should come up they are £24.99

bethelbeth Wed 01-Dec-10 23:42:36

Best non-ghd's imho have been remingtons.

Usually about £35 from boots- they last relatively long and give a good result.

Decorhate Thu 02-Dec-10 12:30:39

Thanks all! Will check out your suggestions

mmmwine Thu 02-Dec-10 16:18:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hugebelly Thu 02-Dec-10 22:06:36

Just to stick my nose in.... My friend's DD ruined her hair with straighteners. Lovely thick wavy hair was reduced to being dry, stragly and brittle

And yes, she did use a heat spray before using them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: