Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Accessories to defrump this dress....

(6 Posts)
lechatnoir Tue 30-Nov-10 14:33:05

I've got my eye on this dress for my work Christmas party (smart hotel black tie dinner) as it's really flattering & the only dress out of LOADS that I felt OK in (not to mention a good price in the sale) BUT I'm concerned it's the wrong side of mumsy hmm.

Any suggestions for accessories to help make it a bit more modern - shoes, tights, bag, some sort of wrap/cover-up, hair bits

Please god don't all hate it as my DH will have a fit if I have to spend another day trawling round the shops grin
LCN

PS ETA I'm a large size 14 & 5ft 7 if that helps!

WikiFreak Tue 30-Nov-10 14:37:26

drop earrings - diamondy to match top

no necklace
huge feck off cocktail ring

fake fur chrug bolero jacket thing

high heels

get your hari done

traceybath Tue 30-Nov-10 15:32:27

Yeah what wiki says.

Nice dress by the way.

daimbardiva Tue 30-Nov-10 15:39:50

fishnet tights??

Gillybobs Tue 30-Nov-10 17:04:31

That dress looks great, definitely agree that the key is in the shoes (got to be high) and the jewellery (love the idea of a huge ring). That should keep it modern. Oh and black nail polish too!

Clure Tue 30-Nov-10 18:20:19

shoes something cagey
or statement mega heels in blue same as sequins on dress
black nails, statement ring, as mentioned would look good.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: