Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Are those Uniqlo light weight duvet coats really warm

(6 Posts)
hattymattie Tue 30-Nov-10 13:44:23

Hate duvet coats normally but with the cold snap I may be obliged to make the leap!! I tried on on in Uniqlo which seemed a good deal less expensive than anywhere else but feel it should be a lot heavier for true warmth. Has anybody tried one of their light weight special heat duvet coats?

deliciousdevilwoman Tue 30-Nov-10 13:52:52

I got a nice, long, duvet parker from there last December for a trip to New York and it kept me very toasty-even standing in Times Square on NYE for 3 hours!

hattymattie Tue 30-Nov-10 13:56:39

Wow - thanks Delicious - I may give it a go - at 80€ it seems a bargain.

xAshx Tue 30-Nov-10 15:09:10

I've got one of the ultra lightweight ones and whilst I do have a hardcore warmer down coat, it's very good for not quite sub zero temps. It feels fab and light on and the cut is great, so looks slimming. Well worth it - they were £59 last time I saw. I did the school run in -3c yesterday and it was fine.

dexter73 Tue 30-Nov-10 15:51:48

I bought a black down coat today from Uniqlo and it was only £29.99. It comes down to below my bum and has a fur lined hood. Felt very cosy even though it isn't that thick.

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Tue 30-Nov-10 15:55:24

My sis was wearing one the other day and it looked lovely and it was so light. She said it was great for driving because it didn't make her look like the Michelin man and left room for her arms between her body and the steering wheel! I'm very tempted myself and have to walk past Uniqlo on my way home. I could do with a woolly hat, too - good thing Blacks is just next door!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: