Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Lots of Tights

(9 Posts)
SarahX75 Tue 30-Nov-10 09:34:49

Hello,
I recently did a stock-take of my tights and realised I owned over 50 pairs!! Maybe I'm a bit of a hoarder (and I do love tights) but I think this is rather excessive. I have maybe 30 black pairs and probably 10 in nude, the rest more colourful.
What is occupying everyone else's drawers?
Sarah

nattnoobies Tue 30-Nov-10 13:00:04

Hi ive 18 black, 12 nude, 6 purple, 3 grey, 7 black patterned and 1 pair of red oh and 5 pair of footless

Ottybottom Tue 30-Nov-10 13:37:22

2 pairs of black opaque,3 chocolate brown opaque, 2 navy opaque, 2 gray opaque,2 nude,1 black knitted argyle pattern, 1 gray knitted argyle pattern, 1 chocolate fishnets, 3 black footless. Might have a pair of sheer black holdups somewhere.

BelligerentGhoul Tue 30-Nov-10 13:43:29

I have loads - I love tights!

Off the top of my head I can remember -

4 pairs of black opaques
3 pairs of navy opaques
2 pairs of purple opaques
one pair of charcoal merino mix
one pair of charcoal cashmere mix
4 pairs of grey opaques
one blue lace
2 sheer black with spots
2 sheer black with a tattoo print
one Wolford lace (black)
one burgundy cashmere mix
several tiny fishnets in black or nude
burgundy zig zags
grey knitted lacey
chocolate opaques
chocolate zig zags
white lacy (for Alice in Wonderland days)
teal
green
burgundy lace
lots and lots of hold ups

I have more but that's all I can remember without looking!

Unprune Tue 30-Nov-10 13:47:16

I have about three pairs, and two pairs of footless tights - all woolly.
I'd have more if they farking well FIT people over five feet tall.
(Is this market research? grin)

iwilldothis Tue 30-Nov-10 13:59:12

BG, you've given me tights drawer envy envy

BelligerentGhoul Tue 30-Nov-10 14:00:40

Tights are what I buy when dp tells me we are too broke for me to buy anything - a girl ALWAYS needs tights, right?

apple99 Tue 30-Nov-10 14:03:07

Can I ask all you tights lovers a question?

I have recently started to invest in good quality tights in different colours, but each time I wear them they get fluffy from where they rub on the top of boots etc, this is in different places/heights depending on what boots I am wearing. Can anything be done before I ruin all my lovely new tights??

BelligerentGhoul Tue 30-Nov-10 14:46:05

I usually wear socks over my tights when wearing boots. It doesn't always work but often helps.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: