Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Possible the wrong place to post but... (tmi alert)

(10 Posts)
Helium Mon 29-Nov-10 20:49:23

Has anyone had a colonic? Considering one myself - does it really make your skin brighter lose weight etc?!?!

Berk Mon 29-Nov-10 20:53:19

Pulling up a seat, just out of interest for erm a friend <ahem>

dabdab Mon 29-Nov-10 23:08:20

Yep, I have had one, but it was in conjunction with a 7 day juice only fast, which always makes your skin really clear up. Not sure how much of that was due to the colonic.

FellatioNelson Tue 30-Nov-10 07:17:59

dabdab that's not enough info. We want details. Horrid ones.

Stylelostinlabour Tue 30-Nov-10 07:50:55

drags in seat and sits next to Berk...

Hassledge Tue 30-Nov-10 07:53:04

I don't think I could stand it. I think the "sharing" would be too much for me - but yes, I'm also quite fascinated .

PonceyMcPonce Tue 30-Nov-10 07:57:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Berk Tue 30-Nov-10 08:54:37

It's the bit about getting the tube up your arse that puts me off.

<too much?>

FellatioNelson Tue 30-Nov-10 09:37:33

I can recommend the Egyptian amoebic dysentry/e. coli/salmonella poisoning that I am currently getting over. (not formally diagnosed yet so I'm guessing.) It's cheaper that colonic, (if you don't count the price of the holiday) no tubes were involved, and it's been excellent for weight loss. And it's certainly been very ahem thorough. I never knew I held the potential for such a broad and interesting spectrum of colour and consistency of poo. I've gone through yellow, orange, bright scary green, and back to orange. It was a week ago today that it got me and I'm still experiencing creative movements even now.

You can buy something on tinternet called Colon Cleanse or something, where they show you photos of people who have pooed and pooed for 24 hours solid and displayed the spoils on trays. They look like long bits of straggly rope towards the end. Jolly fascinating stuff.

berri Tue 30-Nov-10 11:56:55

LOL @ Berk

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: