Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a pair of Dubarry Ireland boots

(6 Posts)
gregssausageroll Mon 29-Nov-10 17:21:18

If so can you tell me what their sizing is like?

gregssausageroll Wed 01-Dec-10 12:10:25

Shameless bump for myself!

dottygamekeeper Wed 01-Dec-10 15:11:46

I have a pair of the Dubarry Galway Walnut boots, bought for me as a surprise Christmas pressie last year. DH guessed my sizing and bought a 7, they were fractionally too small so I exchanged them for a 7.5, which is what I would term my 'normal' shoe size, so I am guessing they are average on sizing (bearing in mind that I always wear socks in mine).

Have to say I would never have bought them for myself as I thought they were too expensive and wasn't sure I would wear them, but once I got over worrying about them getting muddy etc I now seem to live in them during the winter (esp with the weather as it is now)

HTH

lateSeptember1964 Wed 01-Dec-10 15:18:27

My cousin bought the Galway walnut and their lovely! I am intending to buy the Clare. Sorry don't know anything about the sizing but had to post. She loves them says their warm and comfortable. I had intended to post on here to see if anyone knew if they had a sale after Christmas or whether I should just go ahead and buy them. I think their an investment buy

PinkPussyCat Wed 01-Dec-10 15:30:29

I have a pair (Galway walnut here too) and find they are spot on sizewise, but if you want a set of the furry liners I would go up a half size.

Word of warning about the Clares - they were the ones I originally wanted, but tried them on to find they are extremely narrow of ankle/calf and I couldn't get them off. The poor woman in the shop nearly put her back out trying to pull them off me! And I have relatively slim legs too.

But my Galways are fab and I just live in them at this time of year.

gregssausageroll Wed 01-Dec-10 17:38:29

Lovely. Thanks! It is the galway I like. Will try the 7.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now